What drink should I try?

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Heh... life's too short to drink bad beer. I cringe whenever someone orders a Coors (anything). But good & cheap is a knockout combination.

I don't know of any good an cheap combos. Maybe Guinness? I'm a snob, I can't help it. :p

That said, I'm going out after work tonight and I'm pretty sure I won't be having PBR. Probably 1 or 2 high-test domestic IPAs -- the kind they serve in a 10 oz frou-frou glass, followed by a pint of something with a lower ABV.

(I have to work tomorrow. Also, I'm getting old.)

Sounds like an excellent plan. It's certainly starting to be IPA weather where I'm at. :)

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Oof ... none of those are bourbon, whiskey or scotch. :p

Sorry, I'm a brown liquor snob! Just playin' with ya!

Wikipedia... yea it's the internet but whatevs said:
Johnnie Walker is a brand of Scotch Whisky owned by Diageo and originated in Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland.
It is the most widely distributed brand of blended Scotch whisky in the world. It is sold in almost every country, with yearly sales of over 130 million bottles.

Wikipedia said:
Jack Daniel's is a brand of sour mash Tennessee whiskey that is the highest selling American whiskey in the world. It is produced in Lynchburg, Tennessee, by the Jack Daniel Distillery, which has been owned by the Brown-Forman Corporation since 1956. Despite being the location of a major operational distillery, Jack Daniel's home county of Moore is a dry county, so the product is not available for consumption at stores or restaurants within the county.
Although the product generally meets the regulatory criteria for classification as a straight bourbon, the company disavows this classification and markets it simply as Tennessee whiskey rather than as Tennessee bourbon.

Wikipedia said:
Jim Beam is a brand of bourbon whiskey produced in Clermont, Kentucky. It was one of the best selling brands of bourbon in the world in 2008.

INTERNETTED!

Anyway, I just picked the classic top three since they most readily came into my head. Combine all three for a Three Wise Men and you might call that a cocktail. I drink other brands of scotch and whiskey but these are the three which are most readily affordable to me. I ain't rich, so I drink what I can afford. When I am at my grandfather's, he pulls out the thousand dollar stuff cause he's loaded but I don't see him that often.

But if you would care to recommend a brand within the $40-$60 range which you consider "real" whiskey, bourbon or scotch, I'd be happy to try it.

INTERNETTED!

Anyway, I just picked the classic top three since they most readily came into my head. Combine all three for a Three Wise Men and you might call that a cocktail. I drink other brands of scotch and whiskey but these are the three which are most readily affordable to me. I ain't rich, so I drink what I can afford. When I am at my grandfather's, he pulls out the thousand dollar stuff cause he's loaded but I don't see him that often.

But if you would care to recommend a brand within the $40-$60 range which you consider "real" whiskey, bourbon or scotch, I'd be happy to try it.
What kind of flavors do you like in your whisky, scotch, or bourbon?

Remove ads