• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What ever happened to the old DM sections? - LOW as heck priority. :)

DethStryke

Explorer
I've been a visitor to the ENWorld boards since it was Mistah Noah's before 3E launched. Over the time, as you all well know, there have been forum sections that have come and gone, used and unused... but there was a section that was strictly for DMs and Storyline/game/thought building/tweaking/commenting for anyone who liked to chime in. Some really nice threads like the Organization and Location List that people would name something, and then the next poster detailed what that location would be like (a short history or story, etc) and then name a new location and the next poster would carry that off...

Where did that section go? With the current sections, there are spaces for monster builds and NPC stats, house rules to edit rulesets, but no where that focuses on the Meta thought process on DM/GM creations... :(

I used to live in that part of the forum, and the general RPG discussion runs sooooo fast and is convoluted with so many other random questions and discussions that are totally unrelated to what the DM section was filled with, I feel so lost these days. Does anyone remember what I'm talking about AND remember why the section was axed? I think it's been months, if not at least a year since it went away. Since the search function doesn't work, I can't find a thread that may talk about this on the board and it's been bugging me lately.

All that said, I love this message board and you guys are doing an awesome job. Though I would love to have that section back, I can't complain about what is around!!

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Hi, DS - it's good to see you!

We axed "Plots and Places" and merged it into General Discussion because it had pretty much died from inattention. Not many people went there, and we made the call that campaign help threads would get more attention in General Discussion. This has generally (although not completely) proven to be true.

DethStryke

Explorer
Piratecat said:
Hi, DS - it's good to see you!

We axed "Plots and Places" and merged it into General Discussion because it had pretty much died from inattention. Not many people went there, and we made the call that campaign help threads would get more attention in General Discussion. This has generally (although not completely) proven to be true.

Hi yourself! :)

I had thought that to be the case, but in the days when I can't even remember whether I washed my hair while still in the shower, I figure I should ask.

Le'sigh.

Thank you both for checking in on my little brain death moment there.

As a side note let me say Mr. Michael Morris, your icon is both frightening and nicely done in equal parts. :) Something about it makes me say "Gah!" and "Cool!" at the same exact moment.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads