• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What form of magic is most usefull in day to day life.

Which Magic using class is most useful for a non-adventuring life?

• Wizard

Votes: 33 26.2%
  • Cleric

Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Druid

Votes: 19 15.1%
  • Bard

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Psion

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Artificer

Votes: 19 15.1%
  • Adept

Votes: 1 0.8%

Andor

First Post
If you were a young person in a D&D world with no interest in adventureing, but you had been offered training in magic, what type of magic would you want to learn? Which would help you to earn a living and serve you well in your sedentary life?

What spells and abilities would you use routinely?

loki44

Explorer
Druid since I'm assuming the majority of the population lives in rural areas, growing things and taking care of animals and such.

kolikeos

First Post
wizard. i like wizards (metagaming here).
not cleric. i don't like the idea of worshipping a higher power.
not druid. i'm not i nature kinda guy.
not bard. i'm not a singing and music kinda guy.
not psion. i hate psionics (metagaming again).
not artificer. i don't know what an artificer is.
not adept. their magical abilities are nothing compared to a wizard's.

but what happend to the sorcerer? i'd preffer to be a sorcerer because a sorcerer does not need to work hard and learn how to use magic. (yes, i'm a freakin' lazy losa).

Vorput

First Post
Cleric- everyone can use a priest, to absolve them- comfort them, preach to them- offer advice- and in the D&D setting- heal them, and ask their God's guidance in major decisions for the town.

Plus, what town doesn't like to know a higher being is on their side.

Vorp

Aus_Snow

First Post
Cleric, for sure.

Whether they come godless or with deity attached, they would have to be the most useful caster to have around generally, bar none. For 'normal' people and communities, I mean.

And of course, with domains, they can cover a few areas of druid-like stuff, and a even a couple of arcane areas. Not to mention making an excellent deterrent in a very martial way, for criminals and other threats.

sckeener

First Post
Not sure...

To make money, I wouldn't be a cleric...I'm not that amoral.
So...probably wizard...

Off the top of my head I'd use Ray of Frost (or similar spell) to make ice blocks to sell.

drothgery

First Post
I'm thinking bard, really. You've got the useful "keep me alive" spells available in the minor cures, but what's really important is that you can make you and your friends 5% better at just about anything just by singing, or playing a few bars, or giving them a good pep talk. If your town is attacked by orcs, you can stand back and cheer on the big, strong guys -- and it actually helps! It's easy to get people to follow you, and you've got lots of skill points.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
I'd say druid. In a rural, D&D-type world, they're perfect. They can influence animals - keep wolves away from the fields, help livestock grow big and strong. They can help crops grow, control the weather, and have healing. This, of course, presupposes a druid that thinks that agriculture is a part of the natural balance, so rabid Obad-hai/Silvanus followers are probably out here.

Demiurge out.

Remove ads