• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What form of magic is most usefull in day to day life.

Which Magic using class is most useful for a non-adventuring life?

• Wizard

Votes: 33 26.2%
  • Cleric

Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Druid

Votes: 19 15.1%
  • Bard

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Psion

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Artificer

Votes: 19 15.1%
  • Adept

Votes: 1 0.8%

WayneLigon

Adventurer
I voted Cleric as the most generally useful to the community and myself as a whole. You simply cannot beat curing people or yourself as a useful ability.

If I live in the forest or fields, then it's Druid all the way. It's astoundingly useful in ordinary life, plus once you get wildshape all your worries about food and shelter almost vanish.

Bard is the third most useful; good in cities and towns, and in the rural areas.

All three have that all-important curing ability; I'd trade a thousand arcane spells for the ability to heal my broken ankle or keep me from getting the fever that's going around.

Henry

Autoexreginated
If we're talking rural agricultural life, then either Druidic, or a Cleric of a nature priest. That way, not only can you help when Farmer Brown cuts his femoral artery with a bad scythe swing, but you can help crops grow, etc.

If you're a small town boy hoping to escape the life of drudgery, then WIZARD, BABY! Wizards weild real power over their environment, and NO ONE will talk down to you again. Ever.

Dragonbait

Explorer
oops, maybe I should have read the OP post before voting?

I voted wizard, because prestidigitation (sp?) and other 0-level spells would be uber-useful in modern day-to-day activities.

However, now that I know the question was referring to a D&D world, I would have voted cleric. Common people loves the cleric, even though players (for some odd reason) do not. If you were a townsperson, would you rather have a person that can blow things up for you, or heal your broken leg and assure you a good place in afterlife? (unless you are from Eberron, then the afterlife pretty much sucks for you)

Someone

Adventurer
Cleric of a philosophy, with Plant and Luck domains. Protected from mishaps, guaranteed to make me filthy rich in no time, and without interference from gods or having to spend a fortune in scrolls and scribing spells.

For non-adventuring purposes Bard for sure. Wether raising a barn, getting in the harvest, or fighting a fire the Bard's inspire abilities will be handy on a daily basis. And in a non-adventure situation, social ability is king wether you're bargaining for bread, trying to become mayor, or just wanting to get laid.

genshou

First Post
Moonstone Spider (emphasis mine) said:
For non-adventuring purposes Bard for sure. Wether raising a barn, getting in the harvest, or fighting a fire the Bard's inspire abilities will be handy on a daily basis. And in a non-adventure situation, social ability is king wether you're bargaining for bread, trying to become mayor, or just wanting to get laid.
Suddenly I want to change my vote...

:p

Remove ads