• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Games Are You Looking Forward To?

Arnwyn

First Post
Welverin said:
To be fair the reason they change was legal
Yes, that is exactly why ('to be fair'?).

My point was that the legalities were worked out, and they decided to stick with Dragon Quest for this installment (they could have just named it Dragon Warrior again and been done with it).

javapadawan

First Post
Animal Crossing (DS)
Trauma Center: Under the Knife (DS)
Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)
Tomb Raider: Legend (PS2)
Stubbs the Zombie (PC)

Kanegrundar

Explorer
Here's my list:

Quake IV
Neverwinter Nights 2
D&D Online (I like the idea of no grinding. Too much grinding leads to a BORING game...like EQ.)
Civ 4
X-Men Legends 2 (On the PC this time!!!)
Dungeon Siege 2

Edit: I just noticed the expansion pack for Sacred. This is added as well.

Kane

Welverin

First Post
I remembered another game I'm interested in, Shadow of the Colossus (formerly Wanda and the Colossus). It's by the people who made Ico.

John Crichton said:
Oh yeah. That game is intense and FUN, which is the most important thing. The only thing that was a bit of a letdown was the platforming elements (jump/miss & die) and the last part of the final fight. The rest of the game which is about 95% was just amazing.

No kidding, I died tens, if not hundreds, of times and only a few were in combat, the rest were from falling off of platforms.

arnwyn said:
Yes, that is exactly why ('to be fair'?).

My point was that the legalities were worked out, and they decided to stick with Dragon Quest for this installment (they could have just named it Dragon Warrior again and been done with it).

Ah, the way you worded it didn't express that, they didn't have a choice in the matter.

Kanegrundar

Explorer
I downloaded the demo for Dragonshards last night. I like it. The first scenario was more action oriented than resource management, which I like. I'm going to play through at least another scenario tonight and see if it keeps the action up. So far though, I may have to add it to my list.

Kane

John Crichton

First Post
Welverin said:
I remembered another game I'm interested in, Shadow of the Colossus (formerly Wanda and the Colossus). It's by the people who made Ico.
Put me down for that one, too. I never finished Ico (don't know why) but it was a fun/original game.

Welverin said:
No kidding, I died tens, if not hundreds, of times and only a few were in combat, the rest were from falling off of platforms.
Guh. The stupid Hades level would have been SO much more fun w/o all that stuff getting in the way. Such a great looking level, too...

Ferret

Explorer
1. Fallout 3
2. Half-life 2: The lost coast
3. Half-life 2: Aftermath
4. Half-life 3
5. Quake 4
6. I dunno what it's called but I want to say...aliens? In the same PC Gamer mag as Quake 4
7. Zelda: TP

Welverin

First Post
John Crichton said:
Put me down for that one, too. I never finished Ico (don't know why) but it was a fun/original game.

I played a demo of Ico, but that's it. SotC however has me intrigued.

Guh. The stupid Hades level would have been SO much more fun w/o all that stuff getting in the way. Such a great looking level, too...

Even as it was it would have been o.k. if you took out the blades on the log thingies.

What really annoyed me is when I'd die for the fifty billionth time and it would ask me if I wanted to start over again on easy, the only difference being weaker enemies.

Ferret said:
1. Fallout 3
2. Half-life 2: The lost coast
3. Half-life 2: Aftermath
4. Half-life 3

Any of these actually on the way (the HL2 things in particular) or is it just wishful thinking?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads