• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Games Are You Looking Forward To?

Shard O'Glase

First Post
BiggusGeekus said:
Questing only sounds fun in theory, but I'm worried that we won't be able to solo. That's a part of grinding that people overlook. I'm also worried that there will be some soloable classes and that they'll try to nerf them. Example: Warforged sorceror, that's a combo that brings quite a lot to the table. He can heal himself, cast knock on chests, summon beasties for melee, and can zap stuff. D&D isn't balanced for an MMORPG and the spell point system only makes things worse.

So I'm worried that:

a) you won't be able to solo
b) some people will be able to solo

And if that doesn't make sense, you've never seen a design team put the smackdown on your character because some uber-guild found a loophole in the game.

Yeah that's my biggest problem. I generally like to solo with the option of group play. If you can't solo like they say I doubt I'll get it. I'm cool with quest being the only XP source in fact I like the idea, but they should have tons of solo quests. Heck since most quest places are instances it should have variable threats based on the number of people in the instance.

John Crichton

First Post
John Crichton said:
Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
X-men Legends 2 (Xbox)
Civ4 (PC)
God of War 2 (when eventually announced for PS3) :) - GoW may be my favorite game of this decade
SSX: On Tour (PS2 or Xbox, not sure yet)
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PSP)
Resident Evil 5 (PS3)
Out of the Park Baseball 7 (PC)
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (Xbox360/PC)

I feel like I'm forgetting an RPG in there. For the record I am looking forward to the new Zelda game but not as much as as other titles I listed.
I just remember the RPG I think I was forgetting: Phantasy Star Universe (PS2)

I liked PSO but I really like that there is a complete solo/story part to this game. I've been itching for another true PS since PS4. :cool:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads