What would you like to see in Baldur's Gate 4?

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
Assuming it ever happens and given this thread, what attributes would you like to see in BG 4?

Mechanics/Engine
- A game engine similar to BG 3 (i.e., Larian's version of 5e)?
  • A game engine similar to Solastra:CotM (a more faithful interpretation of the 5e ruleset)?
  • Something else entirely?

Story
  • A direct continuation of the BG 3 storyline, including the characters, such as following the post-game shenanigans of Karlach, Wyll, Laezel, etc.? (No spoilers here in case folks have not finished BG 3)
  • A tangent of the BG 3 story and characters where the main NPC's make cameos?
  • Something entirely new and not dependent on the BG 3 story or characters?

Setting
  • Keep it in or around Baldur's Gate?
  • A different geography within the FR (Dalelands, Icewind Dale, etc.)?
  • Starts in Baldur's Gate but then goes plane hopping/Spelljamming?

This is just a starting list. Feel free to expand!

Necropolitan

Adventurer
Fully-supported Evil playthroughs that are just as fleshed-out and rewarding as the Good and Neutral ones where the Evil options aren't just acting like a sadistic serial-killer with no impulse control.

Quests involving Umberlee, Malar, The Red Wizards of Thay, The Cult of the Dragon, The Zhentarim, at least one Manshoon clone, Jarlaxle Baenre, Yuan-Ti, kobolds, a magefair, and getting Elminster Aumar to stop being a deadbeat dad and pay child support.

Options for the protagonist to achieve apotheosis of some sort (dragon, lich, god, tentacle monster, etc.).

Vael

Legend
TBH, I'd rather get a DnD videogame set in a non-Forgotten Realms campaign world. Eberron would be my first choice, but Spelljammer, Planescape or Dark Sun would be also interesting.

So, if it had to be BG4 ... then a campaign that does go up to the upper tier of play (up to level 20) and incorporates some extraplanar travel.

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
Obligatory Snark Answer: The Larian Studios logo.

Barely Better Serious Answer: Same rules, same game engine, different art styles and different campaign settings-- give the full BG3 treatment to all of the D&D games between the Gold Box and BG3 itself. Pirates of Realmspace 2, Shattered Lands 2, Planescape: We're Never Going To Call it 'Torment 2' But We Sure Hope Our Fans Do. Literally hire Brom and DiTerlizzi for all the character and environment designs.

I have a question

When dragon age came out they did a connected sequel called dragon age awakening
How hard would it be for a studio to basically do the same thing? Not sure if anyone played the game but awakening had your character with their ending gear and transported them into a new region. Wotc could basically use a new area like waterdeep with just some or all characters returning ?

Remove ads