• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Games Are You Looking Forward To?

Arnwyn

First Post
MoogleEmpMog said:
2. Grandia 3 (PS2)
5. Wild ARMs: The Fourth Detonator (PS2)

Grandia 3 looks like the best of a very solid bunch, ..., and I've yet to play a Wild ARMs I didn't like.
Unfortunately, neither of them have been announced for North America.

I'm not holding my breath (sadly :( ).

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Master of Orion 4. Hopefully it'll use a style that merges 2 & 3. Three was just a freakin' headache, gave it to a friend that already bought a copy. :\

Zym

First Post
NWN 2
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (possibly) - haven't played any Elder Scrolls since um the first 3 if I recall.
D&D Online
CoV (perhaps - got bored of CoH in about 2 months, so not too sure...)

I'll probably check these three out primarily, who knows what else, depends on what catches the eye and what I see mentioned in chat/on BBS's.

MoogleEmpMog

First Post
arnwyn said:
Unfortunately, neither of them have been announced for North America.

I'm not holding my breath (sadly :( ).

Grandia 3, at least, is all but assured a US release. The first two did well overseas, and SquareEnix is publishing this one, and they port almost everything these days.

However, you may be right about WA4. :(

Arnwyn

First Post
MoogleEmpMog said:
Grandia 3, at least, is all but assured a US release. The first two did well overseas, and SquareEnix is publishing this one, and they port almost everything these days.
You'd be surprised at how much they don't, actually (my IGN wishlist is riddled with SquareEnix games that'll never see the light of day in North America).

I'm somewhat concerned that they haven't announced it for North America by this time... and many overseas RPG releases have been botched in the past. If they haven't announced it (especially by now) - I'm pretty concerned and not optimistic.

(I sure as heck hope you're right and I'm wrong, though!)

However, you may be right about WA4. :(
I am sad. :(

Welverin

First Post
Just read a blurb in EGM about Rebelstar: Tactical Command for the GBA, in which they mentioned it was by some people behind X-COM, so that can be added to my list along with the hopefully true news about Shenmue 3.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
Zweihänder said:
It's going to suck, and I'll tell you why: you only get XP from quests. You AREN'T ALLOWED to just grind (kill monsters for fun and XP). It's absolutely stupid.

Questing only sounds fun in theory, but I'm worried that we won't be able to solo. That's a part of grinding that people overlook. I'm also worried that there will be some soloable classes and that they'll try to nerf them. Example: Warforged sorceror, that's a combo that brings quite a lot to the table. He can heal himself, cast knock on chests, summon beasties for melee, and can zap stuff. D&D isn't balanced for an MMORPG and the spell point system only makes things worse.

So I'm worried that:

a) you won't be able to solo
b) some people will be able to solo

And if that doesn't make sense, you've never seen a design team put the smackdown on your character because some uber-guild found a loophole in the game.

Shard O'Glase

First Post
Civ 4
Elder scrolls 4 oblivion
ultimate spiderman
burnout revenge(best racing games evar)
Zelda
Dawn of war expansion
mario baseball
city of villains(though likely short lived entertianemnt)
Maybe's
final fantasy 12(the protaganist looks really um lame, and FF x and x-2 sucked IMO)
D&D online( it goes to level 10 but with 50 levels of gradiation, yeah right, and lack of solobility)
stargraft ghost

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads