• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What happened to Mind Blast?

durrin00

First Post
I was just checking out the 3.5 psionics book a friend lent me. I can't find anything about Mind Blast (i love this "power") or psionic combat at all. Is all this done away with?

Knight Otu

First Post
Actually, I believe it is now psionic blast. And yes, psionic combat is a thing of the past. The old combat modes are now normal psionic powers. :)

durrin00

First Post
Psionic Blast is more along the lines of Mind Blast, though neither approaches the power of Mind Blast and its 3d4 rounds of stun.
Another question, since I'm a newb to psionics anyways. What's to keep you from dumping a ton of power points into Mind Thrust for enormous damage?

durrin00 said:
Psionic Blast is more along the lines of Mind Blast, though neither approaches the power of Mind Blast and its 3d4 rounds of stun.
Another question, since I'm a newb to psionics anyways. What's to keep you from dumping a ton of power points into Mind Thrust for enormous damage?

Why??? Shouldn't the metacap be posted prominently, on every page, in huge blood red letters?

The answer is the metacap. I think it's in my sig, but if it's not, you can't spend more power points on a power than your manifester level. If you're a 3rd-level psion, you can only do 3 dice of damage with Mind Thrust.

Barring Wild Surge and Overchannel, which, while perhaps not all that balanced, are still capped and still come with drawbacks.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Don't sweat it. If you have this question, lots of other people do, too. Answering questions is what this forum is for!

the Jester

Legend
Well, your main question is already answered, so let me just add one thing to what PC said:

Piratecat said:
Don't sweat it. If you have this question, lots of other people do, too. Answering questions is what this forum is for!

...and fat-ass story hours. If you haven't checked out the SH forum, I heartily recommend it. PC himself writes one heck of a story, and I personally guarantee at least three updates between my three SHs every fourteen days. Count on more like five or even ten.[/pimp]

Last edited:

Remove ads