What have i missed about Greenbound Summoning?

Hannibal Barca

First Post
In our campaign we try to use rules as written with very few exceptions. This is one of them. We ended up making it a metamagic feat with one level of adjustment. Thus a 2nd level spell is required for a greenbound 1st level summoned creature.

As a side note I am baffled by what the feat designers were thinking. This is definitely one of the most powerful feats I have seen.

nak9788

First Post
Pielorinho said:
If I recall correctly, once a summoned critter goes away, so do all its spell effects--so the Walls of Thorns don't last for very long. It still seems quite powerful to me, but at least that's some small comfort!

Daniel

De minimis non curat Lex Luthor: let's see if my Latin is up to par.

That means: Lex Luthor does not care in the slightest
Correct?

nak9788

First Post
Hannibal Barca said:
In our campaign we try to use rules as written with very few exceptions. This is one of them. We ended up making it a metamagic feat with one level of adjustment. Thus a 2nd level spell is required for a greenbound 1st level summoned creature.

As a side note I am baffled by what the feat designers were thinking. This is definitely one of the most powerful feats I have seen.

There are some pretty powerful feats, some perhaps more amazing than this one. The thing that sets them apart from this is that they usually have some nasty prerequisites for them. So far I haven't heard any for this one, but I would imagine they are small to none.

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
nak9788 said:
De minimis non curat Lex Luthor: let's see if my Latin is up to par.

That means: Lex Luthor does not care in the slightest
Correct?

Heh--very close!

There's a Latin expression, De minimis non curat lex, which means, "The law doesn't care about trivialities." In lay terms, it means, "What, your friend punched your arm when you made a dumb joke and you expect him to be prosecuted for assault? Getouttamycourtroom!"

Lex Luthor also does not care about trivialities. He's got his eye on the big picture. And I bet he likes Latin.

Daniel

nak9788

First Post
Pielorinho said:
Heh--very close!

There's a Latin expression, De minimis non curat lex, which means, "The law doesn't care about trivialities." In lay terms, it means, "What, your friend punched your arm when you made a dumb joke and you expect him to be prosecuted for assault? Getouttamycourtroom!"

Lex Luthor also does not care about trivialities. He's got his eye on the big picture. And I bet he likes Latin.

Daniel

edit: political content removed. Sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
nak9788 said:
[political content removed]

See, now I gotta go all moderatory on you: this is verging into the political, and ain't appropriate for these boards. Sorry!

Others, please let this drop, and go back to talking about this feat. Thanks!

Daniel

Last edited:

nak9788

First Post
My apologies.

Pielorinho said:
See, now I gotta go all moderatory on you: this is verging into the political, and ain't appropriate for these boards. Sorry!

Others, please let this drop, and go back to talking about this feat. Thanks!

Daniel

Remove ads