What Is A Dhampir?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Blade 1&2 are kinda great though

Blade, the movie series that established that when blood (which contains coagulants) meets anti-coagulants, it explodes. Apparently because in his universe, everyone who goes into heart surgery blows up on the table.

Blade 2, the movie that has vampires with hearts "encased in bone" - apparently because the concept of a "rib cage" is unknown in his universe.

Blade 2, the movie with vampires who have no lower jaw, "so they can bite harder", apparently because the concept of leverage is unknown in his universe.

That Blade 2 is great?

Hint to movie-makers. Don't try science-up your vampires. It makes you say stupid crap.

Ryujin

Legend
Blade, the movie series that established that when blood (which contains coagulants) meets anti-coagulants, it explodes. Apparently because in his universe, everyone who goes into heart surgery blows up on the table.
Would have been interesting for the writers to try and explain Aspirin.

Vampire - Doctor, I have a terrible headache.
Doctor - OK, two extra strength ASA should take care of it and it will be quickly gone.
Vampire - My headache?
Doctor - Your head.

Kaodi

Hero
I think I have to disagree with @Umbran somewhat on the sciencing up of vampires. My Dad watches a lot of W Network and I am constantly hearing Neutrogena ads, "For people with skin," that make me think the next cool iteration of vampires could be skinless vampires . The Sun is deadly to them because they literally lack the layer that protects from light . Also it would be hilarious to see a real actor with real skinless vampire makeup and prosthetics show up to a convention where Neutrogena has a big presence and be like, "Neutrogena! I have a bone to pick with you!"

Zardnaar

Legend

Blade 2, the movie that has vampires with hearts "encased in bone" - apparently because the concept of a "rib cage" is unknown in his universe.

Blade 2, the movie with vampires who have no lower jaw, "so they can bite harder", apparently because the concept of leverage is unknown in his universe.

That Blade 2 is great?

Hint to movie-makers. Don't try science-up your vampires. It makes you say stupid crap.

I don't watch blade for the science.

Remove ads