D&D 5E What is best company for dice?

If you're looking for loaded dice, I'm sure you can find them...and the players at the table with you will hate you. Having said that, the dice you find with rounded edges don't truly roll randomly, they get the rounded edges from bouncing around in a rock tumbler (essentially) with a polishing medium. Nice sharp edges get you the closest thing to truly random rolls. I like GameScience dice, they're reasonably priced, and I love the look of the gemstone dice (though they can be hard to read unless you color in the numbers.) If you're just looking for something unique, there's tons of amazing designs on Shapeways like these and these. There's no "Best", just buy some you like!

Evenglare

Adventurer
Nice sharp edges get you the closest thing to truly random rolls. I like GameScience dice, they're reasonably priced, and I love the look of the gemstone dice (though they can be hard to read unless you color in the numbers.) !

I have some bad news for you. Gamescience went under last I heard. It really sucks because I had 3 sets stolen at a con and when I went to go and order more they are no longer available and the ones that are, are expensive now :(.

aramis erak

Legend
Who makes the best dice, and what color has the best odds for a crit roll of 20? red?

Color should make no difference. If it does, your dice are not suitable for D&D.

As for the fairest dice, Gamescience are absolutely the best.

Crystal Cache would be a distant second, in my book. Now, if I could get CC's shapes with Gamescience's hard edge, I'd love it.

The worst are the round cornered d6's which Games Workshop sells for 40K... a buddy and I ran an extensive run... that box of dice was SORELY skewed... 1's were more than 2x the next most common result, and treble the least common result.

Mercurius

Legend
I assume you're being facetious with the second question. For the first, there are really only a few I think--with Crystal Caste and Chessex being the two biggest, I believe--and all will do fine. It really comes down to aesthetics. I think I have the most sets of Chessex because I like all of their fancy options, like Borealis, Cirrus, Vortex, etc. But then again I'm the type of person that has a hard time going into a game store and not coming out with another (unnecessary) set of dice. Good thing I rarely have the opportunity to go into good game stores.

Remove ads