What is it about rogues?

Jhaelen

First Post
No, I'm saying if you invite a thief to the party, don't be surprised when the silverware is missing.
Well, a known thief stealing the silverware would be a pretty stupid thief. Because, you know, the thief's going to be the prime suspect whenever something goes missing (or something is even suspected missing).

JRRNeiklot

First Post
Well, a known thief stealing the silverware would be a pretty stupid thief. Because, you know, the thief's going to be the prime suspect whenever something goes missing (or something is even suspected missing).

No more stupid than Robin Hood entering the archery contest that was held merely to capture him. Both examples are a staple of fantasy fiction.

Last edited:

Akaiku

First Post
Sig worthy!!

The last thief-PC who stole from one of my PCs ended up Baleful-Polymorphed into a rat (or was it a weasel?).

Slap polymorph any object on the critter so it's duration is instant.
Always a fun origin story for a wizard's familiar. Not that my wizard ever did that, but glibness is a powerful spell and what rouge too that high of sense motive? If you can't say they are stealing from you cause they rolled high, they can't say you are lying cause you rolled high as well.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Last edited:

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
The most annoying phrase I've ever heard in a game was "But your character doesn't know that I stole that and killed (that NPC); you think I'm a great guy!"

He was wrong.

robertliguori

First Post
The most annoying phrase I've ever heard in a game was "But your character doesn't know that I stole that and killed (that NPC); you think I'm a great guy!"

He was wrong.

"I Suggest you give me all of your loot. While considering the reasonablness of this suggestion, I recommend you consider my spell list, your Will save, and my lack of objections to hollowing you out and steering you around like a meat-puppet."

"Uh..."

"I Modify Memory you into remembering spending all of your loot on something disposable, that would not seek you to reclaim it."

"Finaxis, what are you doing?"

"Being an enchanter. Callously manipulating the minds of lesser beings is what I do, after all."

Or, not so much. The general assumption is that the party is like a heist crew; they are criminals, but criminals capable of loyalty and long-term planning. Because absent this assumption, plotters and metagamers both run into ex-Paranoia players sooner rather than later.

Remove ads