Pathfinder 1E What IS Pathfinder's design goal? Forked: Pathfinder's casters.

azhrei_fje

First Post
I've been running a PF playtest for the last 8 months or so, since the Beta rules came out. We are 2 chapters into a 6-chapter adventure path. What happens in August when the final rules come out? Do we switch? Or stick with the beta for the remainder of this AP?

That will depend on how deep the changes are. I've heard about some things that I like about Final, so we might switch. Since I'm using MapTool and a user-contributed campaign framework of macros, I'm reluctant to wander too far afield of the base ruleset. If I did so, I'd have to start writing my own macros and that's actual work! ;)

Aldor

First Post
Unfortunately I only downloaded the Beta after playtesting closed, but I have been testing the rules with Paizo's APs and the players are really enjoying the changes. In fact, we adopted some of the rulings proposed in Paizo's Playtesting boards and it seems that at least some of them are going to appear at the final product.

We did not get to high-level play yet, so there is nothing I can say about it. I am looking forward for the final book, though.

Dark Mistress

First Post
Well just to add in a example. Of my group and another group that has partial overlap. There is a total of 10 people in both groups, of those 3 DLed the beta rules and one bought the book. (more would have but they was sold out) Yet all 10 of us playtested the rules.

I mean if only 1 out of every 4 people that DLed it playtested it and if on avg only one or two DLed it. Then i wouldn't be surprised at all if the real number of people that took part in the play testing as 100k. Now I am sure only a fraction of them posted on the forum. Mostly the GM's of each group, but they needed players to play test it with.

Remove ads