what is the deadliest Ice/Snow monster

Schmoe

Adventurer
VirgilCaine said:
Shivhads. Huge, intelligent spider-things that live on glaciers and can locate anything on their glacier. Very nasty. They're free somewhere on the WotC site (I think it was the Far Corners of the Earth retired article) and in Frostburn.

Ditto this. One of these could give most demon lords a run for their money.

sckeener

First Post
VirgilCaine said:
Shivhads. Huge, intelligent spider-things that live on glaciers and can locate anything on their glacier. Very nasty. They're free somewhere on the WotC site (I think it was the Far Corners of the Earth retired article) and in Frostburn.

Here's the link to that Far Corners article

Shade

Monster Junkie
Ardenian said:
thx guys..

this Xixecal has 1600 hit points for gods sake... it can summon white dragons...

:eek:

One of my absolute favorite monsters. I was thrilled that the name-drop to it in Cryonax's writeup in Dragon #347 survived editing. :D

We fought the Xixecal in an epic one-shot, just for fun. It claimed the lives of several 35th-level PCs...repeatedly. I remember my rogue being flat out slain in one round from sheer damage.

frankthedm

First Post
Hooray for Google-Cashe
Xixecal Silliness

It started as a joke due to the idea of a mu spore -- what amounts to a walking toadstool -- being a terribly silly creature to throw at an epic group. By the next weekend, I'd made one to use in our epic games (gleefully reproducing the "mu spore cough" with a sound that more closely approximated a cat tossing a hair ball).

From that, I started making more epic critters. I began the Xixecal last August (2004), but put it on a shelf and left it abandoned until I realized how long it'd been since I did any work on it. It only took a few days, most of which was due to cutting out individual ice blocks and gluing them to the frame. So I finished it, adding lighted eyes because it's a pretty uninspiring project otherwise (just ice blocks, really). It's a completely silly project, but it was still fun. There are more epic critters in the galleries on my site (in my signature).

http://www.necrotales.com/opengraphics/Xixecal.jpg

It stands to scale, approximately 20" high. The DDM zombie white dragon can comfortably sit on his shoulder. "Miniatures" at this size I find are MUCH harder to photograph -- the light is extremely uneven, with his right arm and leg lighted more brightly than the head. In reality, the colour is consistent across the xixecal.

Comparing the head to the artwork, it's obvious the head isn't wedge shaped. This is because I need to keep the head removable in case I want to access the bulbs.

I imagine the little bugbear child is saying something like, "Don't worry, ma! This is a +5 sling!"

Also, I am insane. Current WIPs (with no specific deadline on finishing) include a ha-naga, a neh-thalggu, and a worm-that-walks. :)
http://www.necrotales.com/necroGalleries/main.php?g2_itemId=14

It's not epic or a dragon, but the immoth (MM2? or FF) is a hard slog due to its *coughcompletelybrokencough* ice runes (multiple free action spells) ability.

Darklone

Vrecknidj said:
A Colossal Red Dragon. Seriously, everyone buffs up against cold and then a Red Dragon pops out of the cake.

:)

Dave
That's why the abovementioned remorhaz is particularly deadly.

Remove ads