what is the deadliest Ice/Snow monster

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Shoggoth. Check out Call of Cthulu...the D20 version from WotC. Then read some Lovecraft for inspiration. It's nastier than you would expect a mutant polar bear to be...

Shade

Monster Junkie
DreadPirateMurphy said:
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Shoggoth. Check out Call of Cthulu...the D20 version from WotC. Then read some Lovecraft for inspiration. It's nastier than you would expect a mutant polar bear to be...

Isn't that the Gnoph-keh?

frankthedm

First Post
A chraal is a really vindictive monster made of black ice. http://paizo.com/image/product/magazine_issue/dungeon/76/cover_500.jpg

DreadPirateMurphy said:
The shoggoth really was not a snow monster, it lived in the tunnels and catacombs in the antarctic, but it had been there long before the polar caps had frozen.

Last edited:

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Ardenian said:
i need a creature to help create flesh out my backstory for a new character.. looking for a hideous snow beast... anyone?

Backstory for a new character, I'd go for the Remorhaz. At CR7 it isn't a legendary monster, but as often pointed out on ENworld is very powerful for its CR since it tends to manage an ambush and is bad news for those who can't outrun or outfly it.

Cheers

kenobi65

First Post
mhensley said:
RRR01.jpg

:D

I was gonna go with the Cold Miser from "Year Without a Santa Claus". :D

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Plane Sailing said:
Backstory for a new character, I'd go for the Remorhaz. At CR7 it isn't a legendary monster, but as often pointed out on ENworld is very powerful for its CR since it tends to manage an ambush and is bad news for those who can't outrun or outfly it.

I miss the tactical dilemma from 1E... Fireball the wings, or not?

-Hyp.

Remove ads