What is the most damage you've ever seen a character do in one round?

Wormwood

Adventurer
It's hardly an Epic smackdown, but last night I watched in horror as one of my NPC's was obliterated in a single round by a Druid player.

Animal Growth + Magic Fang + Haste + Dire Lion + Pounce (and I think an Empowered Bull's Strength).

Two crits, over 90hps...easy XP.

I hate that guy.

Shemeska

Adventurer
A PC of mine once pulled off 128d6 in a single round, 3 hits with maximum spellfire load and one was a crit. Epic spellfire wielder feat is a scary thing. Makes me feel almost munchkiny at times, too bad he cant do a whole heck of a lot comparatively past the first round usually if he's not glowing like a roman candle at the start of a fight. The rest of the PC's are similar in capability, so the DM has done a pretty good job for balancing the group out so the spellfire doesn't trash every encounter (though there have been moments... hehe). :D

Demonstrating why I'll never have a spellfire in any campaign I run most likely.

Felon

First Post
shadowcaster007 said:
My frenzied bezerker layed the smack down more than once.
I had 4 attacks with Str bonuses and powerattack and a cool Great Axe. This one round I crited 2 out of 4 and hit with the other 2. I think we stopped counting at about 200. The max damage he could have done was about 350 with 4 crits.

Yep, my Ftr 10/Bar3/FrBrzrkr12 could really crank out the painage too. Somewhere around 270 thanks the Power Critical feat and the Supreme Power Attack FB class feature.

FB's are the baddest of the official WotC smackdown classes IMHO.

Broken lol.

Quixon

First Post
wolff96 said:
I was in this game, but I was not the player in question.

Eighteenth level Fighter/Scythe Master

Made a five-foot step and then full-attacked a creature while hasted. With class abilities, he needed a 16-20 for a critical threat.

The first hit was declared to be a Ki Strike (I think that's the name... max weapon damage of 8) and was a critical that he immediately used the "Increased Multiplier" ability with. The second shot... was also a crit. The other two both hit. The hasted attack was also a critical.

I'm trying to remember... it was a +5 Keen Icy Burst Scythe and his strength was 22 (16 STR + 6 Item). So his damage modifier was +9 for the weapon. He was also specialized in the weapon.

First hit: 120 + 1d6 + 4d10
Second hit: 80 + 8d4 + 1d6 + 3d10
Third hit: 2d4 + 16 + 1d6
Fourth hit: 2d4 + 16 + 1d6

Haste hit: 80 + 8d4 + 1d6 + 3d10

That's a total of:

20d4 + 10d10 + 5d6 + 312

I don't recall how much damage he really did. I *do* remember that the monster was technically a greasy stain after the *second* hit, but that it was the end of the encounter so he rolled all his attacks.

Pretty much the entire game ground to a halt at that point as we all had to stand and stare over his shoulder at the incredible powerhouse his fighter had become. He was potent before, but all those crits made us all SCARED of him (in character).

Average damage for that monstrosity, by the way, is: 434 damage.

If when you say ScytheMaster you mean the character has the Weaponmaster Prestige Class and his chosen weapon is a Scythe then what he did isn't possible.

The Increased Crit Mult. ability and the Ki strike ability CAN'T be used together-says so in the Sword & Fist, page 39 under the Ki Damage entry-says "cannot be used if you have rolled a successful critical".

So his damage should have been 10d4+1d6+80+4d10-still alot but not what it was.

JohnClark

First Post
We were fighting a black dragon and our paladin did holy smite and smite evil plus he cast divine sacrifice and criticaled and dished out 70 damage, forcing the dragon to roll against massive damage! :)

ForceUser

Explorer
I watched a 14th-level psychic warrior crap out like 160 damage in a single round once. Full attack action, a grocery list of buffs as long as your arm, every attack hit, etc. But he didn't crit.

misttar

First Post
Not alot but first

Best single hit. Not a really huge amount but happend at the best time.

3rd level Great-axe weilding Half-Orc Paladin
First encounter in a new campaign, yes we started at 3rd level, is with 2 large zombies and one huge. Gets highest initiative, declares a smite evil, charges forward, crits and proceeds to roll all 3 d12s as 12s. 36+12+9=57 points. One dead zombie.

First swing of the game. What a way to start.

Berk

First Post
It was actually one of my characters that has done the most damage that I have ever seen. This character was in no way a smackdown. It was a half-orc barb with a mercurial greatsword, before they were errated and fixed. I critted 2 times in a row out of 2 attacks, was only 11th level. He had a Str of 26 at the time and the mercurial greatsword was a +3. Add on a full out blown power attack, since his to hit was insane, and rage. Min damage for each hit was 116. We just decided the guy was dead after I rolled the second crit. God those old school mercurial greatswords were nasty.

GameGuru4

First Post
In the ongoing campaign, the most is 1000 points even, thanks to your friend and mine, Creeping Doom. Damn that spell's nasty to poor baddies without DR.

In a one-shot, it was hundreds of millions. Use a wish to wish for a giant log of wood worth 15,000gp (or whatever the most wish can do is)...it falls and weighs a BUTT-TON, which then systematically breaks the system of falling damage. Voila, more d6 than I care to count.

We (well, really, my players) once made a variant of this "log" spell that would again take just 1 wish to cast, and would do 2.1 billion points of damage to an area the size of the country of monaco. I can get the math from them if you don't believe me. Oh, and the 2.1 billion (that's 2,100,000,000 for those that like zeroes) is just the average of all the d6s. We figured out when we were at GenCon that if ALL the GenCon attendees (25,000 or so IIRC) were to sit around rolling dice at a rate of 1d6 per second (and recording it, so that's still pretty speedy) it'd still take HOURS for them to get done rolling all the d6s necessary for this spell. No :):):):).

Falling damage rules lead to way too many d6s way too fast. They're the most broken rule in the game.

Remove ads