• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is up? replies don't show up and notification quote message keeps reappearing

Shemeska

Adventurer
I've been having the same problem. Nothing new shows up in any given forum unless I refresh the page, and only then does anything recent appear. When I then go to any thread, no recent posts appear unless that individual page is itself refreshed as well.

Lindeloef

First Post
Yeah I have the same problem. Also marking the forum as read doesnt seem to work for me via double-clicking the icon in front of a forum

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Been happening constantly for me all weekend. Finally, today, cleared my cache (though I was hoping once the new server was up, it would stop and I wouldn't have to). But still happening...or rather, a notification that I've already checked simply won't go away.

And, since clearing my cache, the log in keeps asking me to log in every 2 or 3 pages I click on.

Sure it'll all get worked out soon. But in the interest of hearing from various quarters, lettin' y'all know anyway. :)
--SD

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
We're now actively caching the site at this end, so it'll continue to happen until the new server is running! The current (temp) one can't handle the traffic without caching the content.

It is a pain, I know -- but at least the site's up. I promise this is a temporary thing!

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
No more caching pages! No more screwed up notifications!

WOOHOO! YAY! WOOHOO!

Hope everything went smoothly with the transfer and, as always,

THANK YOU MORRUS & DARJR & all of the ENWORLD team!

Remove ads