What is your current Epic character?

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Mine is a NE Paragon Drow Vampire (Greater Deity) Archivist 20, Cleric 20, Erudite 20, Psion (Telepath) 20, Rogue 20, Scout 15, Dark Hunter 5 from an nightmarish world where Lolth was victorious over all the other deities and is an Elder One in stature.

His portfolios are Darkness, Death, Evil, and Fear.

Currently he's been shunted (by Lolth) to alternate futuristic earth ruled by abominations, aliens, elite epic psions, technologically savvy humans (with tech that can kill even gods), and mutants.

Lolth's portfolios are Chaos, Evil, Fear, Fertility, and Spider. She's been giving birth to drow gods left and right and is his mother.

He's thus far taken over Russia and is allied with upper and lower Europe. His greatest enemies are America and North America, which in the far-flung future are practically the same thing, and his only real friends are some punk kid he found living under a bridge and a female human he met that he thought were interesting specimens for study.

When he takes over the whole world he intends to train the humans himself after gaining their fanatical devotion and unleash them upon his homeworld so he can fight Lolth in one final epic battle.

In order to kill her, he seeks an elder deity with Double Destruction and Double Sword portfolios. He has no artifacts of his own since he traded them off for divine and cosmic abilities. (He likes to be multi-faceted, rather than limited in options).

Unfortunately he hasn't found such a weapon yet and if it does exist likely will be heavily guarded by divine and cosmic horrors.

--------------------------
Somewhat related question...

Does anyone have an Epic Spell that causes a meteor to come from space and hit a target doing area affect damage??? Something devastating enough to wipe out a major metropolis???

Last edited:

Hey dante mate! :)

Cool thread idea.

I just wonder though do you ever get bogged down by the myriad options from having a seven-classed character with quodruple templates?

I also wondered what sort of foes (other than rival deities) you would face - although I see that you mention some in brief.

Thanks for sharing.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Hey there Krusty =^.^=

I actually like complexity. It makes things more entertaining. (In retrospect I think the reason I don't get bogged down is because I keep all my characters in a digital format. I don't use pencil and paper.)

Besides, it's only 3 templates and that's not too hard to do. It it were 5+ templates then I might start freaking out.

Even picking out feats and divine abilities isn't that difficult since I have set of them that I make standard for some of my more powerful characters (PC or NPC).

It's only logical that everyone involved in combat is going to select a few that are identical to those others select. Simply because they are rather utilitarian. Like power attack for example.

As for opponents. I end up facing off against a lot of things that are more powerful than myself, or I get swarmed by things that come in greater numbers and can still pack a whollop individually.

Like tanks armed with plasma cannons and missiles that are impervious to magic or psionics due to a secret alloy that the technofreaks have come up with to counter psions and spellcasters in general.

Basically a lot of D20 Future stuff with standard 3.5 stuff and Immortal's Handbook material.

I think his biggest problem will be fighting off the living Mechs (I use homebrew for that, combination of D20 Future and Epic Bestiary material). My DM likes those in particular since they combine the best features of a Mech with an Orichalcum Sentinel.

They also amplify the psionic power of the person piloting them. Essentially the pilot fuses with the Mech and they become one nasty symbiosis. Unfortunately for my character the mechs are completely incompatible with him so he can't make use of them.

Currently his biggest problems are renegade mutants and psions (level 50+) that are all banding against him to try and finish him off. It's him against literally hundreds if not thousands of heavy hitters. He might actually die a few times.

As you've probably guessed the entire world is at war in this campaign and science has spiraled out of control. There are gods there as well, but they haven't really shown their faces yet since most of them aren't interested in mortal affairs.

They've taken the wait and see approach. But if the world itself (an Elder One) is threatened, they might intervene in some manner. It could get even uglier if that happened.

There are some pockets of respite in the world. But never near the conflict zones. Those areas are the worst. Most of the fighting takes place there due to an agreement the world leaders all made regarding the fate of the world itself.

Apparently they want an earth to live on when it's all finally over so they mapped out conflict zones. Some people break this agreement and get attacked enmasse by everyone.

If a faction runs out of soldiers, then the attackers can swarm the region and take it over without breaking the agreement. Or if someone stops fighting back it is considered a surrender and the same thing can happen.

Most of the conflict zones are areas that were filled with natural resources that everyone needs to survive. So miners are always getting attacked and are either well compensated for it or enslaved and forced to mine at the point of a plasma cannon.

Offworld trips are not common since the war prevents exploration. There are are defense forces that fight off invading aliens (psionic aboleth with tech, ect.).

Some groups have tried to escape earth and leave the madness behind to find other worlds that are more peaceful, but they get attacked by the aliens since the earth is being quarantined by some alien races, while being attacked and pilfered for research subjects by others.

There are no peaceful aliens that have approached earth yet, as humans are considered the most vile race in the galaxy.

In short, Chaos and War are conflicting with Order and Peace on this world and it looks like Chaos and War are winning.

Last edited:

Evilmonkeygod

First Post
My current epic characters are Veldrin, my Drow Lich(Dicefreaks version, highest tier) Greater Deity of Necromancy and Shadows. He's got 214 levels atm, but that actually needs to get bummed to 250 at some point, lol. He's mostly Wizard/Arcane Lord, with Cleric, True Necromancer, Shadow Adept, Pale Master and other undead/shadowy PrCs.

I haven't actually Ascended him via Krusty's work, but when i finally do, he'll have a Staff, Ring, Cloak and Crown as his Artifacts.

Currently, he's semi retired, but there is still a lot he needs to do via one on one RP sessions as he plans to murder and absorb the powers of pretty much all the deities of Death, Necromancy, Shadows, Night, etc.

I'm also about to play a Tiefling Qusi-Deity Maquis Half-Fiend(DF, GoH) Sorceror/Warlock 20(gestalt), Fiend-Blooded 10, Infernal Speaker 10(a DF PrC from Gates of Hell) named Mithuth(sin in Drow as he was orginally a Shadow Drow from that issue of Dragon and i love the name). His Divine Abilities are Divine Sorcery, Divine Wizardry, and from the custom Abilities thread, Witchfyre and Tellurian Blast. His Artifacts are a Warmace, Bracers, Choker and probably a Belt.

He shuns armor, instead being covered in a powerful magical tattoo of Infernal might that offers him a lot of protection and bonuses. His primary goals are to eliminate as much of Demonkind as possible, spread Lawful Evil throughout the Cosmos and eventually establish an Infernal Fortress as bastion for the forces of LE to assault the other planes. He's also made several pacts with Devils, thereby increasing his powers and also gets along decently with the Powers of Neutral Evil as they are more ordered than their Chaotic counterparts. He does however get along with Malcanthet and Graz'zt as both are fairly Lawful compareitively and he even has a powerful Succubus cohort.

Last edited:

Hey guys! :)

You know, thinking about these very powerful characters has me wonder about what settings could possibly house them. What about this idea.

The walls of the universe contract, destroying all in their path. The greatest heroes and deities in the universe gather in one spot, one world to make their last stand against inevitability. With the mightiest spells and artifacts in play, they manage to create a barrier around the planet strong enough to halt the big crunch. But the barrier strains under the weight of infinity and cracks and tears bein to appear unleashing unknown monsters and mayhem upon this final world. Tensions on the planet are high, as overgods rub shoulders with eons old adversaries, deities and demon princes tread the land. Galactic heroes exist side-by-side with the spatial terrors that have plagued them for millenia.

Hiya matey! :)

dante58701 said:
Talk about a real nightmare.

Well, I sort of have trouble conceiving how you guys set up your respective universes.

I usually go by the thinking that 20th level is 1 in a million, 30th, 1 in a billion, 40th 1 in a quodrillion and so on. Immortality blurs the line to a degree that you could probably halve the expansion rate, but it still means that having planets around with more than a handful of challenges for your uber-characters needs explaining...then again maybe it doesn't need explaining. I just like to have an explanation.

Evilmonkeygod

First Post
Veldrin was apart of one of our very first games in 3.5(back in like 04), and was thus played in a very haphazard, slapdash kinda game. He was literally broken, in that we didn't understand all the rules all that well and we made a lot of mistakes with things like staking and such. Eventually we realized our mistakes, but decided we were having too much fun to correct them.

Mithuth is going to be in a Krustyverse(you should copyright that, but i'd like a small percentage of the profits) game, with all the rules and monster and such thereof. So with him, I'm not too worried about challenges. It will be a multiplanar game, along with multispherical allowing us to encounter all sorts of crazy beings.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Hiya matey! :)

Well, I sort of have trouble conceiving how you guys set up your respective universes.

I usually go by the thinking that 20th level is 1 in a million, 30th, 1 in a billion, 40th 1 in a quodrillion and so on. Immortality blurs the line to a degree that you could probably halve the expansion rate, but it still means that having planets around with more than a handful of challenges for your uber-characters needs explaining...then again maybe it doesn't need explaining. I just like to have an explanation.

In the campaigns I'm in cosmic horrors and heroes are constantly struggling over earth and similar planets with countless souls to devour. Humans are just kept in the dark about it as most of these battles occur on the spiritual planes.

In my current campaign it's all out in the open because the universe is beginning to tear itself apart. Then it will likely snap back and cave in on itself. It will end up not too unlike the scenario your talking about.

Remove ads