• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is your favorite beer?

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
budweiser_can2.jpg

buzzard

First Post
I'm quite fond of ESBs. My favorite used to be Stoudt's Scarlet Lady ESB. However since I've moved out west I can't get it anymore. Fuller's ESB isn't bad, and Red Hook ESB is reasonably good. I bought a kegerator a couple of months back, which rather restricts my beer selection though. Currently it is serving up a 1/4 barrel of Fat Tire.

buzzard

Chaldfont

First Post
buzzard said:
I'm quite fond of ESBs. My favorite used to be Stoudt's Scarlet Lady ESB. However since I've moved out west I can't get it anymore. Fuller's ESB isn't bad, and Red Hook ESB is reasonably good. I bought a kegerator a couple of months back, which rather restricts my beer selection though. Currently it is serving up a 1/4 barrel of Fat Tire.

buzzard

Ooooh Fat Tire. We can't get it here in Indy. Anytime anyone I know goes west, I have them pick up several cases for me.

All my attempts at cloning this beer have failed.

werk

First Post
Chaldfont said:
Ooooh Fat Tire. We can't get it here in Indy. Anytime anyone I know goes west, I have them pick up several cases for me.

All my attempts at cloning this beer have failed.

Fat Tire saved my life when I lived in Texas! Their (New Belgium's) pilsner is good too, Blue Paddle. I have a friend that loves their Abby Ale, but it tastes like soap to me. :D

When I was young and stupid, I did the American beer thing. It was cheap and everyone else said it was good, so I had no clue...then I got assigned to Germany...

Hello taste, goodbye American brewed horse-whiz. Since then I have to put Guinness (two 'n' s BTW) at the top of my list, but all the Guinness/Bass imports are high up (Guinness, Harp, Smithwick's, Bass) Also, micro-brews are usually much better than mass produced. Local breweries are always a good place to score a good beer (usually). The Ram in Indy is legendary during GenCon; out here in the Baltimore area DuClaw's is the place to go. But almost every city of size (or any one near a college) has some sort of passable beer in their array of alcohol.

BTW, Budweiser and the other American beers are illegal in Germany - why, because they don't the Beer Purity laws. They are usually made from non-approved grains (such as rice) or aged in an improper manner (such as blowing through a beechwood tube for 5 seconds and calling it 'aged'). Harp is a good example that a well crafted beer doesn't have to be heavy, Sam Adams is another good, more easily accessible, example. So whatever your taste in beer might be, don't settle for mass-produced, in the end you really get what you pay for. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads