• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is your favorite D&D setting?

What is your favorite D&D settings?

• Forgotten Realms

Votes: 73 23.9%
  • Ebberon

Votes: 75 24.5%
  • Dragonlance

Votes: 19 6.2%
  • Greyhawk

Votes: 94 30.7%
  • Dark Sun

Votes: 56 18.3%
  • Planescape

Votes: 73 23.9%
  • Birthright

Votes: 25 8.2%
  • Ravenloft

Votes: 29 9.5%
  • AL-quadim

Votes: 27 8.8%
  • Spelljammer

Votes: 26 8.5%

Argyle King

Legend
I voted for Greyhawk and Birthright.

I was tempted to also vote for Dragonlance, but I have a weird relationship with Dragonlance. I love the original books, but something about the presentation of it in D&D 3rd Edition (the edition I started playing with) didn't click for me. Also, there's a certain point beyond which the novel lines changed the world enough for me to not like it as much anymore. So, I love the original books, but not some of the newer stuff. Gamewise, I actually do like some of the aspects of the campaign setting as shown, but typically use those aspects in other settings without using the DL setting.

Serendipity

Explorer
So...my original D&D homebrew, or the one I came up with two years ago....or my wife's heavily houseruled homebrew. Oh wait, no homebrew option on there.
So..oh wait, the Known World/Mystara's not on there either.
I suppose for purposes of poll I'll have to go with either Spelljammer or Planescape.

Wish there had been an option to vote for more than one. The only one on there I don't much care for is Ebberon--and I really only know it by reputation, so I might like it if I looked into it.

Balesir

Adventurer
Wish there had been an option to vote for more than one. The only one on there I don't much care for is Ebberon--and I really only know it by reputation, so I might like it if I looked into it.
Um, you can vote for as many as you like - just tick (check) several boxes. If you want to do over, you should be able to "unvote" in the top right-hand corner and then vote for as many as you want.

Storminator

First Post
Love seeing all the old names in these resurrected threads. heh. It's been nearly a decade that Eberron's been my favorite setting. :D

PS

Yora

Legend
I think it's about a tie between Forgotten Realms and Planescape.
Forgotten Realms to me is actually just the North and nothing else, but this is probably the setting I played by far the most.
Overall, Planescape is much cooler, but I really have only very few actual experience with playing and running it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads