What is your favorite monster in the Epic Bestiary?

Bootlebat

Explorer
Ok kind of a weird question, but were time lords originally going to be a lot weaker? I ask mainly because the book says nexus dragons sometimes come into conflict with time lords. Unless the time lord was REALLY badly designed, it doesn't seem like a nexus dragon would even pose a threat.

Ok kind of a weird question, but were time lords originally going to be a lot weaker? I ask mainly because the book says nexus dragons sometimes come into conflict with time lords. Unless the time lord was REALLY badly designed, it doesn't seem like a nexus dragon would even pose a threat.
They also describe Nexus dragons as parasitic to Time Lords. I think flights of Nexus Dragons, like hundreds of them against a badly designed Time Lord will pose a significant threat.

Which, given the enormity of the Pleroma, there should be, throughout the cosmos, an unlimited amount of really.

Not every universe is going to be minmaxxed, most, the vast vast majority in fact will be pretty basic, or not optimized for combat at all, with Lords who's focus was on creation not sheer destruction or power.

I think it's easy to look at these super powered beings who pop up here and think "geez, how can anything stand up to this?" And you'd be right, those are the big dogs of the cosmos, basic nehaschimic dragons aren't even fleas to them, but it shouldn't detract how powerful those beings, Demiurges, Sundered Time Lords, Macrobe or Mega sized beings, and Nehaschimic Dragons, truly are, because they are very, very powerful.

Last edited:

Hey Buddy! :)

Good question, I think the Time Lords were meant to be in around the CR 1000+ range, so from that perspective the Nexus Dragon will not be a threat in a one-vs-capacity.

Certainly there are dragons that can match or surpass Time Lords, but not necessarily the Nexus Dragon. I think Nehaschimic Dragons might be better threats for Demiurges I guess.

Epic Dragon = Immortal Threat
Cosmic Dragon = Sidereal Threat
Nehaschimic Dragon = Demiurge Threat
Eschatolic Dragon = Time Lord Threat
Muhlatimic Dragon = Supernal Threat

So the above makes more sense, but there could always still be some crossover.

Remove ads