• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E what is your favourite spell in 5th edition so far?

Mirror Image! They haven't screwed it up yet by tagging it a concentration. It didn't get the 'Basic' update. I'm sure it will soon, but it still has a few weeks use left in it.

Nebulous

Legend
Which is back to being called "Meteor Swarm" because, while it's far more descriptive, calling the spell "Conjure Charred Wasteland Where a Whole Freakin' Village Used to Be" took up too much space on the page.

Holy CRAP, that spell is nasty!

Lol. "Conjure Abrupt Wasteland" is right.

Gargoyle

Adventurer
Imprisonment is the one that made me go wow because the caster gets to choose five ways to imprison their foe, and all the choices feel like high fantasy.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Imprisonment is the one that made me go wow because the caster gets to choose five ways to imprison their foe, and all the choices feel like high fantasy.

Good call -- they're each things that have clear, obvious associations with fairy tale or myth (though the thought of Prometheus failing a Wis saving throw of a spell cast by Zeus does surprise. Must have had disadvantage...).

BryonD

Hero
I would not call this my favorite spell, but I like the way Wall of Stone works with concentration as both a tactical element and an alternate casting time.

Remove ads