• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E What kind of paper does Pathfinder use?

bielmic

Explorer
on the enworld front page, there's a video preview of the pathfinder RPG book. coming in at a hefty 576pgs (IIRC), that's got to weigh a bunch. after viewing the video and seeing the glossy pages reflecting light, i was wondering what type of paper they use. will it be the thin glossy type used in the print dragon/dungeon magazines or the standard wotc 3/3.5 quality? i'm hoping it's not the type used in just a few of the later 3.5 books (like book of nine swords IIRC).

p.s. what happened to the forum search function? i couldn't find it under forum rules or quick links.

Festivus

First Post
on the enworld front page, there's a video preview of the pathfinder RPG book. coming in at a hefty 576pgs (IIRC), that's got to weigh a bunch. after viewing the video and seeing the glossy pages reflecting light, i was wondering what type of paper they use. will it be the thin glossy type used in the print dragon/dungeon magazines or the standard wotc 3/3.5 quality? i'm hoping it's not the type used in just a few of the later 3.5 books (like book of nine swords IIRC).

p.s. what happened to the forum search function? i couldn't find it under forum rules or quick links.

My hope is it will be the same paper as the Pathfinder books, particularly since Erik compared one of them to the PFRPG book as an illustration. I think that the magazine paper would be too flimsy for a reference book, it wouldn't last.

JeffB

Legend
Thx for mentioning the vid on the front page ( I usually come to the forums directly). PF looks like it took some cues from the 3.0 FR setting book visually (in a good way)

The paper certainly didn't seem like magazine grade paper?? I'd wager Erik & crew are smart enough not to "cheap out" on the book's quality! :)

bielmic

Explorer
Commonly asked question - Search is restricted to Community Supporters only to limit the strain on the server. You can try to search via Google. (add site:ww.enworld.org to the search terms. Example: bielmic site:www.enworld.org - Google-Suche )

thanks for the info; that makes sense. i asked because i tried to be a responsible poster and search the forums to see if the question had already been asked/answered. i only browse the forums every few days so threads only a few days old can be a bunch of pages back.

timbannock

Hero
Supporter
Just watched the video and ... my god, that book looks good.

But yeah, the paper seems to be the same used in the Pathfinder monthly adventures; fairly thick, glossy, and durable.

I don't think Pathfinder's a game for me, but hot damn, I wish it were because that book looks gorgeous. Maybe I'll pick it up just to have it. Me likey.

Agamon

Adventurer
Just watched the video and ... my god, that book looks good.

But yeah, the paper seems to be the same used in the Pathfinder monthly adventures; fairly thick, glossy, and durable.

I don't think Pathfinder's a game for me, but hot damn, I wish it were because that book looks gorgeous. Maybe I'll pick it up just to have it. Me likey.

Agreed. I expected no less from Paizo. Nice book to visit, just don't want to live there. :)

Remove ads