• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What kind of Warlord design are you hoping for?

What kind of Warlord design are you hoping for?

• 3rd edition style "Marshal" that uses auras.

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • 4th edition style Warlord.

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • Current 5th edition Warlord style options.

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • Brand new Warlord mechanics we've never seen.

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Other: Discussion about things not covered by the poll.

Votes: 10 22.2%

Tony Vargas

Legend
Bah! I'm going next level! I'm looking for a class that lets my character contribute fully in every aspect of the adventuring day, not just combat, from the comfort of his home sitting in his plush recliner chair!
Nero Wolfe was my first thought, too, yeah.

I assume you meant that as a reductio ad absurdum, and that such a thing could never work in an RPG, but, just for one instance, M:tA mages with enough correspondence could totally get away with that M.O.

Last edited:

Satyrn

First Post
Not what I'm looking for. My key requirement is does not rely on dealing damage personally. That means you need to be able to contribute fully in combat while never swinging a sword or casting a spell.

One of the guys in my group played a 3e wizard like that. Although because the buffs that a wizard handed out lasted the whole combat, he spent a lot of rounds just munching on popcorn - the wizard, not the player. Well, not just the player.

Remove ads