• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) What Magic: the Gathering setting would you like to see next?

Which M:tG setting would you like to see next?

• Alara

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amonkhet

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Capenna

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Dominaria

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Eldraine

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Ikoria

• Innistrad

• Ixalan

• Kaladesh

• Kaldheim

• Kamigawa

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Lorwyn-Shadowmoor

• Mercadia

• New Phyrexia

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Rabiah

• Tarkir

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Ulgrotha

• Zendikar

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Poll closed .

Yaarel

🇮🇱He-Mage
Well Kamigawa has perhaps unsurprisingly shot to #1. Samurai and cyberpunk is a nice aesthetic.
Kawigama a way for nearfuture tropes and mechanices to enter D&D for other cultures too. I love Japanesque cyberpunk and other esques as well.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
We have Ravnica, Theros, and Strixhaven. If D&D gets another Magic: the Gathering plane as a setting book, which one would you like to see next?
I voted Kamigawa, but I want to specify the new Kamigawa set. Magitech cyberpunk.

Close in contention would be Eldraine, Capenna, and a book about many planes from the posthumous perspective of Gideon, with notes by various members of the Gatewatch, and other planeswalkers close to him.

Or maybe from the perspective of the pre-War of The Spark Gatewatch.

I might settle for a post-whatever is happening right now perspective, too, perhaps. Especially if it ends with Weatherlight being able to go between planes again. Great reason for a coherent guide to the planes.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I voted Kamigawa, but I want to specify the new Kamigawa set. Magitech cyberpunk.

Close in contention would be Eldraine, Capenna, and a book about many planes from the posthumous perspective of Gideon, with notes by various members of the Gatewatch, and other planeswalkers close to him.

Or maybe from the perspective of the pre-War of The Spark Gatewatch.

I might settle for a post-whatever is happening right now perspective, too, perhaps. Especially if it ends with Weatherlight being able to go between planes again. Great reason for a coherent guide to the planes.
It does seem that they are enacting a new status quo in the current big over the top plotting, and it may be that the new status quo is more amenable to honest to goodness interplaner Adventure, which is weirdly absent from the 3 current Magic Setting products. Like, an actual Weatherlight campaign would be cool, or playable info for Planeswalkers.

Of the Settings coming out in the near future, Eldraine seems to me to be the most ripe for a.good high concept Setting product, amd in space that neither TSR nor WotC every really explored with direct fairy tale parallels.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
It does seem that they are enacting a new status quo in the current big over the top plotting, and it may be that the new status quo is more amenable to honest to goodness interplaner Adventure, which is weirdly absent from the 3 current Magic Setting products. Like, an actual Weatherlight campaign would be cool, or playable info for Planeswalkers.

Of the Settings coming out in the near future, Eldraine seems to me to be the most ripe for a.good high concept Setting product, amd in space that neither TSR nor WotC every really explored with direct fairy tale parallels.
I've actually been considering making the Weatherlight a spelljammer vessel. I already have the artwork to go with it, I just need to write up some stats.

I should also note that a setting which is heavily influenced by fairy tales I believe would be awesome. I love folk lore and fairy tales, they're a fun read and have a lot of great ideas for RPGs.

Last edited:

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)

Eh, Eldraine is pretty much explored by Feywild (as is Lorwyn, though that's got a cool Shadowfell rotation going on with Shadowmoor).
Capenna is darn cool and I would love to see it - but only after Neon Dynasty Kamigawa is released for D&D. THAT is how you fix an orientalist setting and make it stand out and bring something truly unique to D&D…

Haplo781

Legend
Eh, Eldraine is pretty much explored by Feywild (as is Lorwyn, though that's got a cool Shadowfell rotation going on with Shadowmoor).
Capenna is darn cool and I would love to see it - but only after Neon Dynasty Kamigawa is released for D&D. THAT is how you fix an orientalist setting and make it stand out and bring something truly unique to D&D…
Feywild has Arthurian fantasy and Grimm's fairy tales?

Remove ads