• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What metamagic feat can your Arcane caster not live without?

Thanee

First Post
Extend Spell: Vigor (Complete Divine) is also an excellent spell to extend. :)

Chain Spell: It's not very clear how Chain Spell works on beneficial spells like Greater Magic Weapon. Altho, those of Touch range (most buffs) definitely cannot be chained.

By the text of the feat, it seems pretty clear, that it was designed to work with harmful spells only, tho the restrictions are only "specifies a single target" and "range greater than touch". Well, I hope they'll put a clarified version into Complete Arcane.

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Eraslin

First Post
Thanee said:
Chain Spell: It's not very clear how Chain Spell works on beneficial spells like Greater Magic Weapon. Altho, those of Touch range (most buffs) definitely cannot be chained.

By the text of the feat, it's seems pretty clear, that it was designed to work with harmful spells only, tho the restrictions are only "specifies a single target" and "range greater than touch". Well, I hope they'll put a clarified version into Complete Arcane.

Aye, hopefully there'll be a clarified version in Complete Arcane. But, in the mean-time, it's easy enough to research a close-range version of any touch range buff spell. ;)

-Eraslin

Kisanji Arael

First Post
Lets see, a few others, which I find to be particularily nice are:

Tome and Blood
repeat spell (though it wouldn't be useful until you could hit 1st level spells)
Sculpt spell (and I thought I'd never use this one)
Energy Admixture

Unearthed Arcana....and others
Earmmm... lets see, the spelltouched feats are good if you can convince your DM to allow it. Also, from... somewhere, there was a great Additional familiar feat, allowing an extra familiar.

Hope I've been of some assistance. Ask me if you need the rules on any of these. ;)

Remove ads