• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What New WotC Base Classes are you using

Which WotC classes are you using (or plan to use)?

• Mystic (Dragonlance)

Votes: 39 7.7%
  • Noble (Dragonlance)

Votes: 35 6.9%
  • Artificer (Eberron)

Votes: 170 33.5%
  • Psion (Expanded Psionics)

Votes: 264 52.1%
  • Psychic Warrior (Expanded Psionics)

Votes: 246 48.5%
  • Soulknife (Expanded Psionics)

Votes: 183 36.1%
  • Wilder (Expanded Psionics)

Votes: 165 32.5%
  • Hexblade (Complete Warrior)

Votes: 186 36.7%
  • Samurai (Complete Warrior)

Votes: 74 14.6%
  • Swashbuckler (Complete Warrior)

Votes: 230 45.4%
  • Favored Soul (Complete Divine/Minis Handbook)

Votes: 157 31.0%
  • Healer (Minis Handbook)

Votes: 84 16.6%
  • Marshal (Mini's Handbook)

Votes: 101 19.9%
  • Warmage (Complete Arcane/Minis Handbook)

Votes: 161 31.8%
  • Shugenja (OA/Complete Divine)

Votes: 95 18.7%
  • Spirit Shaman (Complete Divine)

Votes: 111 21.9%
  • Wu Jen (OA/Complete Arcane)

Votes: 101 19.9%
  • Warlock (Complete Arcane)

Votes: 189 37.3%
  • I will Probably Use the Ones in Complete Adventurer

Votes: 144 28.4%
  • I only use the base classes in the PH

Votes: 86 17.0%

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
*isn't saying I use them...*

But I would allow a handful from each of the Complete series. Hexblades and Warlocks could be Mesos' answer to Paladins and Wizardry. OA samurai way better than CW samurai. (Besides it's a mininal change over in terms of making 3.0 Samurai 3.5 compatible.)

Favored Soul possibly, and Healer but very unlikely overall.

Psionics allowed! (but rarely used unless I have PCs that use them). Soul knife though I felt and still feel should NOT be a core class. Otherwise, I have no problems with 3.5 psionics or their base classes.

*sides with psion about his choices, especially GR's Shaman*. I feel that I really need to use this one more along with GR's Witch.

fanboy2000

Adventurer
This thread begs two questions:

Does anyone use the Artificer who dosen't play in Eberron?

Does anyone who plays in Eberron not allow the Artificer?

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
I don't use any WoTC base classes, other than the Psion and Psychic Warrior. I do however use the Wakinglands.com Berserker, Ranger, Monk, and Sorcerer in lieu of their respective core classes. More so than any of his other variants, I handily reccomend Son of A Preacherman's much more customizeable monk.

scourger

Explorer
just the core

For this poll, I voted that I only allow classes from the PHB. That's all I generally allow in a D&D game. In my current campaign, I added jedi consular & guardian, street & psi judge, and omega world explorer. It's been great so far.

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
While I don't use all of the classes I mentioned (it's only because my players haven't chosen to use them), I would allow them. I forgot to mention I would allow the psionic rogue from WotC's "The Mind's Eye", as well.

SteelDraco

First Post
fanboy2000 said:
This thread begs two questions:
Does anyone use the Artificer who dosen't play in Eberron?
I used it for a member of a clan that's devoted to making things in Rokugan. He wanted to play a character who makes items, and was looking at the Master Smith class from Rokugan when I suggested that he just play an Artificer. The player ended up not working out, but it was an incredibly cool character.

warlord

First Post
Dialgo I salute you for your devotion to the original Dungeons & Dragons it got me stated on D&D and made me love elves. Personally I'd allow any class but I do kinda hate the CW samurai his over-specilazation offends me didn't they know some samurai used other weapons like the odachi or naginata. Also the concept of Elven Warmages & Warlocks are to cool to pass up.

random user

First Post
In this current campaign, I've only allowed the core PHB classes, and I don't have any plans to change it.

That's not to say I would allow it or wouldn't want to play a non-core class in a different campaign, but we're all pretty happy playing nothing but core right now (with a couple additions from other sources, but they are all minor).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads