• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What OGL/D20 games do you guys own or play?

Albert_Fish

First Post
What Genre is anyone playing?
What OGL/D20 genre games work out the best?

Currently I have
Godlike (OGL): World War II Supers (similar to White Wolf games)
Forbidden Kingdoms (OGL): Pulp Game
Weird Wars: Blood on the Rhine (d20): Wolfenstein Roleplaying
Mutants and Masterminds (OGL): Comic Book Level Supers
D20 Modern (D20): Contemproary Fantasy

I have GMed Godlike (under its own rules not OGL) and I am getting ready to run Forbidden Kingdoms (Despite its crappy editing).

Max

First Post
Well, other than 3e, I've been playing Star Wars. I've also been running a game in the old west using the Sidewinder: Wild West Adventures d20 rules.

dpmcalister

Explorer
Star Wars, Spycraft, and d20 Modern. Although the only one I actively play is Spycraft. I played Star Wars every week when it first came out, but refuse to buy the revised version (and every supplement since). I haven't played d20 Modern yet, but it has some interesting ideas.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Aside from my Wizards' products:

Dungeons & Dragons Third Edition
Star Wars
d20 Modern

I have the following:

Dragonstar
Spycraft
T20: Traveller
Mutants & Masterminds
Afghanistan: d20

I also have d20 mini-games from Dungeon/Polyhedron magazine (beginning wth #90/149). Pretty affordable.

Last edited:

Benedict

First Post
I have the WotC 3 biggies, D&D, Modern, and Star Wars.

Additionally I have:
Mutants and Masterminds - probably the best d20 game yet.
Forbidden Kingdoms - probably the worst d20 game yet.
The Polyhedron Mini-games - though not all of them. Drat! Omega World is wonderful!

benedict

bwgwl

First Post
i have played/GMed D&D3e and Star Wars. i am almost ready to start GMing a d20 Modern campaign. hopefully soon i will also start playing in an M&M campaign.

these are the only d20/OGL games i have played in or own.

i agree that M&M is probably one of the best d20 games yet.

Last edited:

MnM_UH

First Post
I have the big 3 from WOTC D&D, Star Wars, and D20 Modern. The only other d20 game that I own is Mutants & Masterminds.

I have played all four, and I would rank them thusly in terms of ease of play and enjoyability on the part of the participants (my experiences only, of course):

1. Mutants & Masterminds
2. Star Wars
3. D20 Modern
4. D&D

This is not to say that D&D is worse than any of the others, but I think that, especially with the revision coming up, people are starting to shy away from D&D a little and explore the new games coming out. D&D has a huge overhead in terms of worlds, supplements, and core books, which can either be a good or bad thing, but it can sure cause a lot of confusion for a DM.

If you're interested in starting a MnM game, check out my Story Hour thread *shameless plug*

Sagan Darkside

First Post
My group plays Spycraft.

We tried d20 Godlike, but it did not go over well for me. Everyone else in the group is a WW2 buff- and the detail they wanted bored me. We decided to play things everyone could enjoy.

SD

VorpalBunny

Explorer
I addition to the WotC d20 stuff on my gaming shelf (D&D, SW, d20M, CoC, WoT and the Polyhedron mini-games) I own:

Deadlands d20
Weird Wars: Blood on the Rhine
Traveller: T20
Spycraft
Darwin's World
Kingdoms of Kalamar

...and a mess of other OGL adventures and supplements. So far, we've played Spycraft, and the WotC stuff.

Last edited:

Brisk-sg

First Post
I am currently playing a Superhero game with Mutants & Masterminds, and believe it is one of the best systems out there for the genre. I think it might be one of the best systems for any genre for that matter.

I also own the following D20/OGL games, though I haven't had a chance to play most of them.

Spycraft: Good Spy game
Farscape: Appropriate for the setting, ok for the genre
Dragonstar: Ok for the mixed genre
Everquest RPG: A few interesting ideas, mostly got it to lure a friend who vowed not to play 3rd edition is an EQ nut
Wheel of Time: Works great for a less magic/powerful magic world
Star Wars: Appropriate for the setting, ok for the genre
Weird Wars: I really dislike this book. It just doesn't seem well done to me. I think the recent V for victory is much better done.

Currently we change between genres and game systems, as we rotate GMs every month or two. We are currently playing in the following campaigns:

3rd Edition Birthright (home brewed rules)
Shadowrun
Vampire
Mutants & Masterminds

Last edited:

Remove ads