• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What old setting would you like to see republished?

What old setting would you like to see republished?

• Darksun

Votes: 116 31.4%
  • Planescape

Votes: 152 41.1%
  • Birthright

Votes: 81 21.9%
  • Ravenloft

Votes: 61 16.5%
  • AlQadim

Votes: 88 23.8%
  • Spelljammer

Votes: 89 24.1%
  • Greyhawk

Votes: 130 35.1%
  • Mystara

Votes: 74 20.0%
  • Council of Wyrms

Votes: 24 6.5%
  • Maztica

Votes: 25 6.8%
  • Kara Tur

Votes: 67 18.1%
  • Other

Votes: 22 5.9%
  • None

Votes: 15 4.1%

Pagan priest

First Post
Kara Tur. Have one good thick OA sourcebook be the base, a boxed set for the maps and more depth, and then have a couple of region books come out and expand things so that you end up with separate and distinct "China", "Japan", "India", and "S.E. Asia" analogs. No samurai in the "China" region, for example.

Planescape. Most of this could be an update to Manual of the Planes, plus an additional book for the fluff.

Al Qadim. Who knows? Maybe the base rules will be open enough to do the Arabian Nights stuff all by themselves, but I am betting that a little more would be needed. Nice for a boxed set.

Spelljammer. Second only to Kara Tur as my favorites. give it a source book, a boxed set of ships/ship combat/scale deck plans, and a book or boxed set of worlds/systems.

For which ever things do come out, have a couple of introductory moduals available very soon after the initial release.

prosfilaes

Adventurer
Torm said:
I voted for Spelljammer - and I could definitely get behind a completely self-contained version. Maybe they could use some of the old Eberron contest runners-up, or some of the other campaign worlds that have a fanbase but are not popular enough on their own to merit rerelease, to populate major worlds.....

IMO, don't populate major normal worlds. Give a really quick overview, so we can say that Joe came from that world, and trust that if the DM needs some land time, or the players from some bizarre reason actually want to go to normal land, the DM can fill it in. If you want an Earth-type (versus Fire, Life, Water or Air) normal D&Dish world, there's dozens of them out there to fill in. I need the Rock of Bral, and system books like Greyspace, that show off the setting, not normal stuff, and certainly not other campaign worlds. (Good god, the fans would lynch us for "mangling" old settings to fit into Spelljammer and giving them the skimpy biased treatment they'd get.)

Oryan77

Adventurer
Planescape is being republished in 4e and it will be core D&D. Isn't that why the Tiefling (and most likely Aasimar) are in the 4e PHB? :p

Anyway, as much as I don't like my favorite race now being core D&D (I'm weird, I know), I'd like to see lots & lots of planar material get released with the same flavor that Planescape had. I don't necessarily need it to be an entire campaign setting, but it would be nice :)

Hollow World!!

I mean, come on, there is no cheesier concept out there that meshes everything you want to throw into the D&D potluck than the Hollow World!

Of course, I'm biased since (I think) I can claim the right to being the only person to author official 3.x Hollow World content. ;)

Seriously though, I'd go for a true to the feel Planescape in a heartbeat, and Dark Sun in a couple of heartbeats. Although I'm not a fan, I think Greyhawk deserves some love for surviving this long and having as much fan support as it has.

Also, Al Qadim and Kara Tur OR some sort of well done Arabian and Far East settings are definitely needed.

prosfilaes said:
I need the Rock of Bral, and system books like Greyspace, that show off the setting, not normal stuff, and certainly not other campaign worlds. (Good god, the fans would lynch us for "mangling" old settings to fit into Spelljammer and giving them the skimpy biased treatment they'd get.)
Spelljammers single, greatest failing, was to not simply encapsulate it into a dedicated setting in and of itself, instead of trying to smear it over ALL the other settings.

Remove ads