Pathfinder 1E What PATHFINDER Pre-Painted Miniatures would you like to see.

The more unique-looking PC/NPC types the better to be honest. You can never have enough, particularly at high levels when levelled NPCs become a significant portion of encounters. And some from non-european cultures too, please! Osirion, Mwangi, Vudra etc.

But while I'm dreaming completely unfeasible dreams, I'd also like a rune giant, a linnorm and some of those PF chaotic neutral outsiders whose names escape me at the moment. And a demogorgon, please.

delericho

Legend
I'd only be likely to buy pre-painted monster minis, to be honest. For PC minis, I generally prefer to buy a tailored mini (probably metal) and paint it myself. For a party of PCs, that's a very manageable task. But for the monsters, not so much.

Actually, I guess WotC had about the right model for me. At least as far as monsters go... :)

cyderak

Banned
Banned
I don't think I'm alone here...
...but I don't want this specific product.

That said, I'm very likely a potential customer for future products!

I'm not a "I want a generic 'adventuring party'" to buy "because I have no minis" kind of guy. I suspect most of your customers will be like me in this regard.

I'm a "I want to buy a crudload of really cool thematic minis that I can correlate with the adventures I'm using" kind of guy.

So, I'm not going to buy your semi-generic (even if they're awsome) party of adventurers. (Caveat: I totally love PAIZO, and potentially, actually might even do this just to support you and your producing of mins).

I'm saying this because I don't believe this is an adequate test of the use of minis for PAIZO, and I do think there is a potential market/opportunity for some cool stuff that would make me happy and make you money.

Quite honestly, though you are doing a good job developing an introductory means of entering the game (with the upcoming boxed set), most of your customers are long time fans. We are not very interested in buying Regdars or his companions at this point.

When I buy minis now, I look for two things:
1. Does it fit the needs of my current adventure?
1. i. If it does, do I already have something better, or just as good that I don't have to pay money for? for example, I have dozens of skeletons. Don't bother producing a skeleton mini for any reason...I've got it, others have it...it's not worth buying. A skeleton on fire tied to an adventure path? I might buy that.

2. Is it a perfect match for my player character?
My group cares a bit about NPCs. We like things of the right size and theme...and then the cost and benefit ratio starts getting pretty tight for someone trying to sell us minis.

But, if I could find the perfect mini for my character, I'd easily spend 5-10 dollars to get it if I couldn't get it elsewhere.

Some minis are used once and only once. Some minis are used every session from lvl 1-20 and beyond. Sell me a high priced perfect mini of my class and I'll buy it. I'll use it for a ton of gaming.

Randomize em? Well, then it's pretty useless on my table.

I see your point but from my perspective they are a god send........

I provide minis for players because we always play at my place......

And another very important reason these minis will come in handy is because I get all my metal minis professionally painted by a buddy of mine and I have a hard time getting 4 or 5 other players to grab them by the base to somewaht preserve the paint job.

PATHFINDER Pre-painted plastic miniatures here I come. :D

Starfox

Hero
Reaper already does miniatures of the major NPCs from Pazio adventures - and that is what I'd like to see as plastic minis too. Preferably published pretty quickly after the adventure or adventure path. Characters like the Red Raven, Shalelu, and so on.

Besides that, I want monsters, particularly those already not made by WotC. Animal companions, familiars, and other pets.

I prefer metal miniatures for PCs.

cyderak

Banned
Banned
reaper already does miniatures of the major npcs from pazio adventures - and that is what i'd like to see as plastic minis too. Preferably published pretty quickly after the adventure or adventure path. Characters like the red raven, shalelu, and so on.

Besides that, i want monsters, particularly those already not made by wotc. Animal companions, familiars, and other pets.

I prefer metal miniatures for pcs.

agreed!!!

Remove ads