Pathfinder 1E What PATHFINDER Pre-Painted Miniatures would you like to see.

cyderak

Banned
Banned
I definitely agree there should be more monster sets.

I also think that not EVERY set should be linked to a certain adventure path but some sets would be cool.

I also would love to see Pathfinder Orcs, Troll, and Ogres because they are different than the D&D minis versions and would be freakin killer to have.

Last edited:

cyderak

Banned
Banned
I guess the Paizo guys said if there are enough pre-orders that Wizkids will make more sets.

So pre-order.....pre-order......pre-order!!!

Subtlepanic

First Post
I'd also like to see some fixed packs based around the adventure paths: mainly named bad guys though, not monsters.

Beyond that, I want randoms. Monsters and generic bad guys (hooded wizards, mean mercenaries, that sort of thing). Sets that I can pick up as a regular impulse buy at my local store, then crack open and see what I've got. That's just fun. I don't think we'd have seen many of the more obscure DDM creatures without the random factor (and when you've got a big collection, those obscure ones really stand out when you bring them out at the table).

Holy Bovine

First Post
I got some more PATHFINDER miniatures pics. More close-up pics.
This is the E-mail I got from Paizo saying that if they get huge amounts of pre-orders that it'll prove to WizKids that its a viable business venture:

I'll pre-order.................happily.

And I won't. Nothing against Paizo but I have zero interest in yet another fighter/cleric/rogue/wizard mini. Even with dumping over half my DDM collection I still have more variety in these choices than anything else - and most of them can be bought online for $2 or less. I hope they do sell lots as I am looking forward to the following

1) Pathfinder goblins - these guys are awesome looking!
2) Halfling on wardog - i know DDM did one early in its run but it is nearly impossible to find nowadays for a decent price.
3) Dragons - large green, white, black & silver please - also make them face forward - 2 of those are ruined by having the model looking behind itself.

That's about all I need. I have tons of undead, demons, orcs, bugbears etc. These are the few 'holes' I still feel a need for.

Erik Mona

Adventurer
I hear you, Bovine, and hope to be able to come to the rescue.

As for the Large dragons, are you aware of the upcoming DDM collector set? Aren't those all Large dragons?

--Erik

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
re

I would like to see Paizo do pre-painted minis based on classes and archetypes.

Like a fighter pack with:

1. Two-hander fighter
2. Two-weapon fighter
3. Archer
4. Sword and Shield fighter

Paladin pack:
1. Mounted paladin
2. Sword and Shield Paladin
3. Two-hander paladin
4. Sword and holy symbol paladin

Wizard pack
1. Staff wizard
2. Wizard with rat familiar
3. Wand wizard
4. Wizard with sword

Packs that highlight the different archetypes and paths a class can take. So that there are minis for people who take different options within a class.

The Iconics are cool and all. But there not my character. A more generic mini that give me the slight feel of my particular character would be cool to have.

hewhocaves

Explorer
Somewhere along the line, i'd like to see some "treasure chest" and environment minis, but i don't think they should really start with those. lol

So add my vote to the basics - goblins, orcs, low level undead, things spell-casters summon, with a smattering of PCs. I do agree that people do frequently prefer to pre-paint their own PCs after awhile.

If Paizo were smart and wanted to coordinate minis with already written adventures, they'd go back through all their adventures and tally up which monsters appear most frequently and work their way down from there.

Also, I thought DDM was getting close to a decent strategy for the collectible minis at the end. And the Axis and Allies War at Sea distribution worked really well too. In both cases you did get duplicates, but they were useful duplicates. I found the Lords of Madness with town guards, kobolds, orcs and skeletons to give me some really good doubles and let me get some decent armies up. Of course I found the Kenku to be totally useless for my purposes...

Remove ads