• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What pre-3E D&D book are you using most in your 3.X game?

cmajestic

First Post
I'm not currently DMing. However, when I was, I used my Greyhawk books as well as "mining" adventure ideas out of various old adventures.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
i haven't DMed 3E a whole lot, so i can really only say Steading of the Hill Giant Chief as i ran through the whole module. :)

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
  • Aurora's Whole Realms Catalog
  • 1E Fiend Folio
  • 1E Monster Manual II
  • 1E DMG
  • A ton of 1E & 2E Issues of Dungeon (still the best source of adventures out there)

Arnwyn

First Post
Glyfair said:
Which book (or books) do you find yourself still using?
- all my FR books (especially the deity books: F&P, P&P, DD)
- all my PS books
- all my AQ books
- all my KT books
- all my SJ books
- the books you list (City Sites, etc)
- all my 1e modules (updated to 3e)
- al my 2e modules (updated to 3e)
- Dungeon mag (complete collection, all updated to 3e)
- Of Ships & the Sea (with a couple of 3e updates)
- all the 2e monster books with unconverted monsters (which I subsequently updated to 3e)
- lots of others

Read: almost all of them, except for pure rule books (eg. the "Complete" series).

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Philotomy Jurament said:
I've used my 1E DMG with just about every D&D-type game I've ever run. However, since I picked up Gary Gygax's World Builder, I find myself pulling it out more often than the 1E DMG.

I also used my World of Greyhawk boxed set with 3E.
Almost identical here, though I went back to 1e itself when I started up a new GH game.

Dragonlance Atlas
Dragonlance Adventures
Time of the Dragon (Taladas)
Planescape Monstrous Compendium
Primal Order

Sorry DLCS: you were 4 years too late!

wmasters

First Post
The Dark Sun books are pretty much the only pre-3E stuff that I'm using at the moment. But books for flavour and campaign setting are pretty rules-independant, and athas.org does all the conversion work I need.

Remove ads