• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What product are you most proud of?

Zappo

Explorer
I don't have much in the way of ancient books, but I have the Planewalker's Handbook and the Factol's Manifesto which belonged to Monte Cook, signed.
I also have a signed Manual of the Planes 3E, won at a ps3e.com contest.

drakhe

First Post
I can't realy pick a winner because it would largely depend on the people visiting. Some are into RPG, so I would get out the ones I know they would like (ie related to their style of play and/or character), for those that are not realy into RPG's I would pull out either the books they could relate to in other ways (ie Star Wars for a SW fan, to show them how their favourite world is described in game terms) or otherwise the ones with the best art.

If I had to pick one I guess it would have to by my DMG signed by Todd Lockwood (who drew a great picture of my character at the time, an elf thief/sorcerer, riding on the back of a dragon [it did happen to me in-game!])

Nice detail: Todd started by drawing his staple: a dragon. When I told him about my elf character and the dragon ride he promptly
added an elf character on the dragons back and asked me what color the dragon was. When I said white, he answered: "Damn, if I had known. I drew you a red" What a nice guy he turned out to be !!

gorgon1964

First Post
Elmore

My copy of an old magazine, True Romance, that actually has the model that Elmore often uses in his photos in all her naked glory. it's a stunning image. She even signed it for me at a Con.

EarthsShadow

First Post
If we are talking d20 or D&D products, then I would have to say my copy of the Ruins of Undermountain which was given to me for a xmas gift from an old friend of mine.

If we are talking any and all rpg games, then I would also include Earthdawn as a staple of my personal all time favorite fantasy game due to how intricate the world is, the unique dice system and how XP/Legend Points are used by the players in advancing characters at their own rate.

Second on my list of personal favorites is Exalted.

Pramas

Explorer
Crothian said:
I know we have more then a few people with a decent or better RPG collection. So, what product or products are you most proud of? Not necessarily the rare items, but the ones you are really happy to have in your collection. The ones you break out a to show company.

Everyone in R&D who worked on 3E got special copies of the Player's Handbook with their names embossed in gold. There is only one "Chris Pramas D&D Player's Handbook" and I'm pretty proud to have it.

I've got a copy of the original White Bear, Red Moon game from Chaosium, which is neat. I also have this obscure RPG called Witch Hunt (the RPG of the Salem Witch Trial). It's not that great of a game, but I spent literally ten years looking for a copy and I happy I finally tracked it down (for $5, no less).

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
Mine is my orginal copy of Theatrix. I bought it for $10, it had no art in it and was put together at a Kinkos. I bought cause the game was cool, the authors where great guys and they basically just started out so it felt like helping them make it by buying there product.

My name is in the book under playtesters, and I see it for sale every now and then.

An also the KOTD where they published my small letter to them.

I feel special now.

ichabod

Legned
Re: Re: What product are you most proud of?

Pramas said:

I've got a copy of the original White Bear, Red Moon game from Chaosium, which is neat.

Man, I used to have one of those. One of the things lost between high school and adulthood, however.

The pride of my RPG collection would have to be my The Fantasy Trip set (Melee, Wizard, In the Labyrinth, Advanced Melee, and Advanced Wizard). Of course, it pales somewhat next to the pride of my overall game collection: The Creature that Ate Sheboygan.

Fiery Todd

Explorer
Aside from the various Fiery Dragon stuff, I have to say my fav is my 1e Dungeon Master Screen with Trampier's awesome mural blazing across its front. Great piece of art.

those old dragon issues are pretty cool. I still have the one with the article "Why is does this monk look so mad? He's got a lot to kick about!"
It also had an adventure with a psionic gem at the end of a hallway made of flesh and i think some russian folk heroes as well. Anyone know which issue that is?

This dragon is, strangely enough, the first one I ever picked up. The adventure was called The Garden of Nefaron and I think it was issue 54.

Remove ads