• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What RPG for the Twilight book series?

My wife LOVES the Twilight books. I've been wanting to get her into gaming, but she doesn't seem to relate to fantasy much. What system would you use for Twilight?

World of Darkness springs to mind somewhat, as does Underworld...but those might just be the obvious options. Perhaps another setting would be better?

hopeless

Adventurer
Twilight run under?

My wife LOVES the Twilight books. I've been wanting to get her into gaming, but she doesn't seem to relate to fantasy much. What system would you use for Twilight?

World of Darkness springs to mind somewhat, as does Underworld...but those might just be the obvious options. Perhaps another setting would be better?

Savage Worlds is another possibility, technically d20 Modern is another given its more or less a present day version.

Question is into how much detail do you want to involve using the Twilight books?

Thasmodious

First Post
Use Buffy the Vampire Slayer and kill everyone of those freak, romantic comedy, emo tween, glittering douchebag "vampires".

Admin here. Humor is one thing; being actively hostile, rude and offensive is another. Don't do this, folks. As much as it is to take shots at Twilight, isn't it much cooler to help the guy's wife get interested in gaming? ~ Piratecat

Last edited by a moderator:

Tervin

First Post
Easy. Use the old classic "Teenagers from Outer Space" and reskin a little bit. Thematically a much better fit than World of Darkness.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Use Buffy the Vampire Slayer and kill everyone of those freak, romantic comedy, emo tween, glittering douchebag "vampires".

While there are any number of valid critiques of the Twilight books, the OP was asking for something constructive, to help him share his hobby with a person he cares for, and shares his life with.

How about you not spit on the attempt, hm?

Anyone else, if you really hate Twilight, how about you keep that to yourselves for the purposes of this thread.

Last edited:

Remove ads