• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What should be turned into a RPG?

DeusExMachina

First Post
Anomander Rake would totally be the new Drizz't!

One that would kick infinitely more ass... :D

Of course the Malazan Books were based on a roleplay to begin with (Steven Erikson and Ian Cameron Esslemont had a GURPS game together that produced the world iirc), but a specific system would be pretty awesome...

Playing a proper Malazan Sapper would just be way too cool not to do it... :)

Woas

First Post
Never seen it myself. But a quick internet search seems like it would make a fun game. Like a serious version of Kobold's Ate My Baby?

I think a Seinfeld game might be too out there, as it would be 'a game about nothing'. But on the other hand, doesn't that describe all RPGs? Hmmm...

How about a CSI: Miami RPG. It would be diceless of course. But would use the DRAMATIC SUNGLASS REMOVAL (DSR) Task-Resolution System.

Not sure if you are being serious about this.

One other TV Show I'd love to see done as an RPG is Dead Like Me.

smootrk

First Post
A setting that is based on and/or combines the elements of Aliens, Predator, and Terminator would be great for me.

A Harry Potter setting (not the characters) would be great.

Buckeroo Banzai and Big Trouble in Little China are just looking for the right rules.

I would like to see Planescape come back in full force.

TwinBahamut

First Post
For some reason I'm wanting to say that there is a .hack RPG. I remember seeing something at GenCon a about two years ago along that line, maybe not.
Really? I have never heard of that...

Is the card game even played anymore? I know it's not in the Des Moines area.
You mean .hack//Enemy? I doubt it. I tried that game once, and I thought it was absolutely awful. The strange card game they put into the .hack//G.U. games was better, and you don't even play that one yourself.

chriton227

Explorer
I'd like to see a PnP version of Richard Garriott's Tabula Rasa. I think the setting would have huge potential if you could decouple it from the MMO environment. Things like in the MMO, your class limits which logos (sort of sci-fi magic runes, left behind by a race of ancients) you can use, while in a PnP environment you could go classless and really get creative with combining logos to create new and unique effects.

I have an old Dr. Who RPG called Time Lords, it was interesting to read but I never actually played a game using it.

Loonook

First Post
Mostly I enjoy concepts for characters coming out of shows... However, Pirates of Darkwater would be amazing to see ;).

I've run a couple of Dresden Files-styled one shots...

But really, I would love to play in a Hunter-styled game involving the universe of Brimstone... still one of the most influential (though short-lived) TV series when it comes to my ideas on demons and their reasoning.

I want to shoot demons square in the eyes.. that is all.

Slainte,

-Loonook.

Remove ads