• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What shows are your "must sees"?

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Wombat said:
Currently?

Nothing.

No tv, so no shows. Sometimes I am extatic about this, because it means I have more time for reading, etc. Sometimes I am miserable over this because it is hard to engage in "cooler talk" about current shows and it can really make you feel like a social outcast in America dead fast.

For the most part, however, the best thing I can say for it is that this way I can afford high-speed internet access without compromising on other aspects of my life ;)

This is my situation, except I'm happy to be able to say, "I have no clue what you are talking about", when they are discussing the riviting episode of whatever "reality" show is popular at the moment. When I had a choice of net access or cable I have an easy choice, gimme internet!

Bass Puppet

First Post
There is only one show that I have to see when a new episode airs and that is...

South Park

I enjoy watching the Lakers and Monday Night Football on occasion and once in a while I'll watch reruns of Futurama before I go to bed.

Family Guy is a close second to South Park, but since I own both box sets and have seen every episode, it doesn't qualify as a "Must See." (hopefully next year I can add it to this list :))

Last edited:

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
Alias.

And that's it. There's a lot of other stuff I watch on TV,
but Alias is the only show I arrange my schedule around.

Then there's a bunch of stuff I follow on video (Buffy,
Angel, 24 etc.).

Klaatu B. Nikto

First Post
I admit it. I'm a bit of a couch potato. Thus, I watch:

WWE RAW and Smackdown! (especially Smackdown! because Rey Mysterio is one of my alltime faves)
Samurai Jack
Justice League
Teen Titans
Jackie Chan Adventures
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (FAR better than the old series and closer to the original comic)
Lupin the 3rd
Cowboy Bebop
Family Guy
Futurama
Twilight Zone marathons
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Ed, Edd and Eddy
Simpsons

Formerly 'must see' / Wish they made more / Honorable mention:
Clone Wars microseries (waiting for the second 'season')
Beast Wars (especially mid second season on)
Dexter's Laboratory (it just seems different now)
Power Puff Girls (IIRC, Townsville was in Samurai Jack)
Farscape (*shakes fist in anger at Sci Fi*)
Married... With Children
Brimstone
Remo Williams (there was only a pilot movie)
the Tick (both versions)
Ushio & Tora (never made it on air AFAIK)
Babylon: Crusade

Last edited:

afreed

First Post
For me, my 'must watch' shows are '24' and 'Arrested Development.' I separate them from the other shows I watch every week, but am relatively unenthused about and wouldn't mind missing that much: 'Alias' and 'Angel.'
The sad thing is, I really consider myself a fan of TV. It's just a lousy season.
(I've also been watching 'Deep Space 9' in syndication, seeing many episodes for the first time. I'm impressed how good it is; easily the best thing Star Trek's ever done, to my mind.)
I'm deeply disappointed that 'Lucky' (from FX) wasn't renewed. I'd like it on DVD.
Finally, since someone mentioned 'Invader ZIM,' I note that it <i>is</i> coming out on DVD this spring. I'm excited.

danzig138

Explorer
Smallville
Angel
Smackdown.
Headbangers Ball.
I'm pretty sure that here, Smallville and Angel are being preempted for basketball today, so I'll have to wait until Saturday. :mad:

aliensex

First Post
Man, doesn't anyone get HBO?

Carnivale
Dead Like Me
Six Feet Under

All great (never could get into Curb Your Enthusiasm though :( )

Also:
Harvey Birdman
Star Wars Clone wars series
Simpsons
South Park
Monday Night Football (season over :( )
That 70s Show
Samurai Jack

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
afreed said:
(I've also been watching 'Deep Space 9' in syndication, seeing many episodes for the first time. I'm impressed how good it is; easily the best thing Star Trek's ever done, to my mind.)

Quite. Well aside from my sentimental favorite TOS. But once DS9 got away from the standard Star Trek recycled plot of the week format and began telling a long story that each episode was just a part of then it really took off. The show did finally kill Worf's character and firmly establish him as human with a funny head though. There were points I thought they would finally show Worf as a bad ass Klingon warrior, then the episode when him and the symbiote went deep cover and blam!

Arnwyn

First Post
My "must sees"? They are:

- Alias
- Smallville
- Simpsons

My "really likes":

- CSI: Miami
- NCIS
- Law & Order: SVU
- Law & Order
- Enterprise
- Scrubs
- CSI
- While You Were Out (yeah, really)
- SG-1 (but I'm actually sticking with the DVDs)
- Law & Order: CI
- Samurai Jack

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads