• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What sort of product do you want to buy that no one is producing?

00Machado

First Post
Retreater said:
What I want are products that make the game easier to run and to facilitate quicker gameplay at the table and DM preparation at home.

What he said.

These are the things I call play enablers. More rules make it harder to play. Play enablers make it easier to play, and I want more of those.

Short and medium length modules - could be WoTC single storyline style, or Malhavock multi-storyline style
Maps and card stock terrain

Less to learn and more to use and/or stuff that's done for me

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
*would rather settle for what Psion suggested and someone out there get us a better mousetrap for creating NPCs via electronic stuff* Electronic software mapping isn't hard, why should this be any different?

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Whiz,

True and the aspects for the Arch fiends suck compared to the ones currently available.

Well maybe suck is a little too strong...but still.

JQP

First Post
Historical Medieval settings. The sort of thing an anthropologist making the Ultimate Historical Medieval Setting would write, sans the leftism. History is NOT written with the referee in mind. I want visuals on their material culture, their habits, (social) class behaviors, locations, etc; stuff refs need, not theory of architecture, compare and contrast, modern interpretations or stuff half the populace wouldn't know anyways.

P.S., using Medieval in a non-strict sense, so as to include the the whole world, not just Christendom and Islam.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
JQP said:
Historical Medieval settings. The sort of thing an anthropologist making the Ultimate Historical Medieval Setting would write, sans the leftism. History is NOT written with the referee in mind. I want visuals on their material culture, their habits, (social) class behaviors, locations, etc; stuff refs need, not theory of architecture, compare and contrast, modern interpretations or stuff half the populace wouldn't know anyways.

P.S., using Medieval in a non-strict sense, so as to include the the whole world, not just Christendom and Islam.
Writer's Digest has a series of Writer's Guide to Everyday Life in _________ books for all sorts of eras that go into this sort of insane detail. Everyday Life in the Middle Ages is out of print currently, but I own it and can tell you it's exactly what you're looking for. You can probably find it in a used book store without much trouble.

JVisgaitis

Explorer
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Writer's Digest has a series of Writer's Guide to Everyday Life in _________ books...

I have a ton of those books. They're invaluable.

To add more to the conversation, I'd love to see some sort of book that would have new rules for NPCs. Just something that allows you to generate skill points really fast. Something like the starting packages for character classes, but that encompass a whole range of archetypes.

Nightfall said:
*would rather settle for what Psion suggested and someone out there get us a better mousetrap for creating NPCs via electronic stuff* Electronic software mapping isn't hard, why should this be any different?
If it were easy, don't you think there'd be dozens of them already? The d20 rules are not programmable friendly. Computers compute. This means formulaic processes can be spead up with a computer. As an example, there are no formulas in the list of spells available to a druid. So picking druid spells for your 8th level druid is not spead up by a computer. Same applies to most everything else about a character.

Additionally, the OGL is unfriendly toward computer programs. If you've never heard that before, please just take my word for it. It is a sizable can of worms.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads