What tv shows do you own on Dvd?

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
[P]eople being mean or laughing at someone else's misfortune, or just plain stupid moron humor.

You just described the show I was quoting! :lol: Except it wasn't American and it worked in it's own way.

Never actually saw The Good Life, just couldn't resist quoting my namesake's reaction to that type of show.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
At this point my criteria boils down to what is not available on Amazon Prime. I've sold or given away just about everything in my collection except the following.

Babylon 5
Digimon
Dungeons & Dragons
Gargoyles
Stargate SG1
Transformers: Beast Wars

Planning on getting rid of SG1 sometime in the near future. The rest I'm going to keep most likely (and plan to round out my collections in the case of Digimon and Gargoyles since I only have seasons 1 and 2 of the first and season 1 of the second).

sabrinathecat

Explorer
You just described the show I was quoting! :lol: Except it wasn't American and it worked in it's own way.

Never actually saw The Good Life, just couldn't resist quoting my namesake's reaction to that type of show.

Give it a try some time. Remember that it is dated. The first episode is all set-up. After that, the funny stuff comes pouring in. The only really weak episode was the Queen's Command Performance. Unfortunately, the way the disk is coded, you're supposed to sit through 1/2 hour of posturing and posing for the queen, and a tedious explanation of the show's scenery, and then the episode begins. After it is over, there's more odious obsequiousness as the Queen departs the studio.

At this point my criteria boils down to what is not available on Amazon Prime. I've sold or given away just about everything in my collection except the following.
Planning on getting rid of SG1 sometime in the near future. The rest I'm going to keep most likely (and plan to round out my collections in the case of Digimon and Gargoyles since I only have seasons 1 and 2 of the first and season 1 of the second).
I did pretty much the same to my movies when Netflix started carrying everything. What I didn't consider was that NF would start losing disks to people breaking or stealing them. Wish I hadn't sold off War Planets/Shadow Raiders now.
Shows I've decided to keep are basically all of the original Doctor Who run, B5, and a few others that caught my eye. (now a bunch of them are on Instant viewing, so I may part with them)

Last edited:

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
I did pretty much the same to my movies when Netflix started carrying everything. What I didn't consider was that NF would start losing disks to people breaking or stealing them. Wish I hadn't sold off War Planets/Shadow Raiders now.
Shows I've decided to keep are basically all of the original Doctor Who run, B5, and a few others that caught my eye. (now a bunch of them are on Instant viewing, so I may part with them)

Babylon 5 is something I'll never part with. Too much awesome for a single show. :D

I don't think i could ever get rid of anything i own dvd just because it's avaible via netflix orwhatever I could see myself buyinf a show or movie after watching it on netflix but never getting rid of something

Elf Witch

First Post
Good Grief, Elf Witch! That's a massive collection. I haven't even heard of some of those shows. Others I haven't thought about since I was about 8.
Thanks for the memories there.

What can I say I have been a TV addict for as long as I have been able to turn one on by myself. When I was a teen in the 70s I used to use my cassette player to record the audio off my favorite shows to listen to later. I used to say if they can capture voice why not picture too. I had one of the first Betamax that came out.

I am a binge watcher I love to watch in one big gulp if I can and I enjoy rewatching shows. As much as I love reading I have found that there are times my pain level is so bad that I can't concentrate and that is where TV and movies really help.

Elf Witch

First Post

Babylon 5
Digimon
Dungeons & Dragons
Gargoyles
Stargate SG1
Transformers: Beast Wars

I know several people who have done this and then regretted it when it was no longer being streamed.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
I know several people who have done this and then regretted it when it was no longer being streamed.

I'm also slowly buying the digital versions of everything I want to have on a more permanent and downloadable basis. I'm just not very attached to physical things anymore. Its all just clutter now for the most part.

Kaodi

Hero
Elf Witch wins the thread by a country mile, :D .

I own Firefly and Dead Like Me, both of which I got years ago. I have not really had the money to blow on them since then, and now that Netflix is in Canada... Still, I am a product of our consumerist society and there are plenty of series I would be happy to own myself if money were no object.

Remove ads