• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E What was Paizo thinking? 3.75 the 4E clone?

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Rauol_Duke said:
I'm still confident that Paizo knows their business better than you, or any of the various busieness professional on this board, since they have grown their business in the past five years and have the market research, which I assume you do not, to back up their decisions. If you happen to have some of Paizo's sales figures and market research data, please share it with us, as I'm sure it would better contribute to this dialogue.

No thanks, I'd rather support a small time group of creative writers with very limited resources. Try harder next time.

Seriously.

How does the fact that a few people are business "experts" on a message board effect what goes on at my gaming table?

With the 4E announcement, it pretty much confirmed that my spending on RPG stuff was going to drop to next to nothing. I expected EVERYONE, including Paizo to go 4E. So Paizo was going to lose my dollars anyway.

Now, they are NOT going 4E (just yet) and are producing a ruleset that will allow me to keep using my sizable library of 3E & 3.5 books. So this means that I will be possibly spending MORE money with Paizo that I would have before (I'm a Pathfinder subscriber).
Now I'll be picking up their core rules book and maybe even some of the world based books that they'll be coming out with as well.

What I don't understand about this attack on the intelligence of Paizo, and yeah it's pretty much an attack, is that if theyre so boneheaded and so wrong just support what you want to support and leave Paizo to FAIL. Paizo is the ONE company who is still going t support the OGL, it looks like everyone else will be going 4E. There will be MASSIVE support for 4E from WOTC. Necromancer will be supporting 4E, Goodman Games will be supporting 4E, I think Green Ronin will be supporting 4E and I'm guessing that Paizo will be supporting 4E at some point in the future.

Why crap all over the one thing that the 3.5 crowd has left? I mean all of the rabid 4E people (not the rational ones, the rational ones are pretty cool) should be happy that they dont have to hear from disgruntled 3.5 people now that they have something else to focus on.

Shadewyn

First Post
Hmmm I was pretty sure that all EVIL real estate was out here in California.

I would never sell you EVIL real estate... now on the side I have found a simply fabulous summer house in Greenland for you where the seasons are very mild and temperate.

Shadewyn

First Post
JoshuaFrost said:
Whew! Good thing we've been in business for nearly six years. :)

Hmm ... you had better be sucessful for 60 more or we will hunt you down and beat you about the head and shoulders with a rather large dead fish.

Best of luck with the new venture!

And of course ...

A thousand poxes on you and your kind for not making it 4E ... :p

Rauol_Duke

First Post
DaveMage said:
Hey! :p

And since I live a few miles from THE Swamp, I can tell you it's NOT for sale.

Sorry, DM.... :heh:

Thanks for the heads-up on the swampland too, I was just about to make Shadewyn an offer. I guess I'll have to settle for the summer house in Greenland now. I bet it's green there...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads