• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What was the fate of Obould Many-Arrows?

Unfortunately D&D combat doesn't seem to mesh well with novelisation. How many combats to most games have that aren't to the death? Yet in novels it is better most of the time for main characters on both sides to live to fight another day (in another book!).

Olaf the Stout

Shazman

Banned
Banned
Yeah going straight by the mechanics kind of pigeon-holes a writer trying to tell a story, but as we have said, Obould has been seriously beefed-up by the time he meets Drizzt. Basically, Obould escapes after a vengeful female drow priestess causes an earthquake that ends up interupting Drizzt's and Obould's epic battle. Drizzt leaves thinking Obould to be dead, but Obould crawls out of the rubble, and kills the drow cleric. He ends up building Dark Arrow Keep (as per the Silver Marches supplement), and tentatively "rules" the territory in the northern part of the Silver Marches.

diaglo

Adventurer
Shazman said:
He ends up building Dark Arrow Keep (as per the Silver Marches supplement), and tentatively "rules" the territory in the northern part of the Silver Marches.

cue Conan music

but that is a tale for another time

an_idol_mind

Explorer
Wow. I'm surprised more folks don't seem to like the new, intelligent and formidable Obould. Personally, I thought his development as a character was the high point in an otherwise bland trilogy.

JoeGKushner

First Post
an_idol_mind said:
Wow. I'm surprised more folks don't seem to like the new, intelligent and formidable Obould. Personally, I thought his development as a character was the high point in an otherwise bland trilogy.

One character does not a series of books make. Especially when he's not the focus of said book.

Drizzt was running around with such fierce determination to win that fight and end the threat and then blows it off after he learns the guy is still alive. Truly a WTF moment.

kuje31

First Post
He's still building his empire/nation. More about this can be found in the Realms of the Elves anthology where RAS continued the events of the trilogy.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads