• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What will be the content of Dungeonology

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
So, I've had the book for a few days. Was going to give it to my son on his upcoming 10th birthday, but didn't hide it well enough, so its now a family book. Anyway, like Dragonology, it is a fun book that gives a sense of exploration. Great for kids, and even fun for adults to page through. But, as a D&D DM running a 5e campaign, who already owns the core books, some of the adventure paths, and SCAG, I was disappointed that nearly all the art is recycled. You are not going to see anything new here. It is just re-used content organized in a fun, interactive way.

One other thing that I was a bit disappointed about is the lack of tactile elements. Dragonology has sections with supposed samples of dragon skin/scales that you can feel. Dungeonology doesn't. It seems like a less-expensive version of the -ology serious of books. It would have been fun to have samples of troll hide or some other monster skin or fur.

That said, I'm still glad I bought it. It is fun for the kids and something for visitors to page through.

Remove ads