• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Would Be In A Succubus' Study?

To get into the Succubus's character a bit, I'd agree that there would be her "bedroom" where she has the uber-overcompensating manly stuff (don't forget that men are sex fiends from her perspective...I"ll leave that to your imagination and keep it grandma friendly). But that's all for show.

Then there's the secret door to her actual bedroom. Put the more demony materials in there. The women's clothes, the strange books, etc.

To make things a bit more fun, I'd add in a condition or "special key" needed to find/open the door. E.G. you must be naked to find it and you must smear blood on it to open it (which is then absorbed with no trace).

I'm beginning to think this succubus is playing this character:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U18VkI0uDxE"]YouTube- Dos Equis - The Most Interesting Man In The World[/ame]

and all people including pcs, regardless of gender or sexual preference, are just a little bit attracted to him.

Last edited:

Aeolius

Adventurer
I'd agree that there would be her "bedroom" where she has the uber-overcompensating manly stuff
"I use antlers in all of my decorating..."
gaston.gif

(sorry... had to)

Armadillo

Explorer
What is il'Sook's background? Was he replaced by the Succubus or has he been created by the Succubus?

Did il'Sook build this manor or was it purchased by the Succubus posing as il'Sook? If it was il'Sook's, then the room is likely to have a character that is a bit different than what they know of the Succubus-il'Sook (i.e. a collection of books on a topic that the Succubus knows little about). If the room was il'Sook's, there may be things in the room that haven't been touched in months (since the Succubus took over) (i.e. a journal that il'Sook was regularly keeping but that hasn't been touched in months).

If the manor was purchased by the Succubus posing as il'Sook, then the library may be a random collection of books. Some could belong to the prior owner, or entire shelves may be a hapazard collection of books bought at random from some second-hand book seller or estate sale (a review of the front matters may reveal the original owner(s) of the books).

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
The Book of Erotic Fantasy
"Marital Aids" ;)

It's hard to argue with LostSoul's logic, though. Different sizes of women's clothing is a nice touch.

MortalPlague

Adventurer
What is il'Sook's background? Was he replaced by the Succubus or has he been created by the Succubus?

It was the latter. Festaud il'Sook is an entirely fictional creation. The financial backing of the Nine Hells allowed the succubus enough clout to create a fake paper trail fifteen years ago, wherein 'Festaud' arrived in town, bought property, and had a manor house built. Anyone investigating will have to travel a long way to find out that Festaud's paper trail dries up under close scrutiny.

That said, I ran the session today. Upon discovering documents written in Supernal (in the trapped drawer), and after one of the PCs was rather compelled to spend the night with il'Sook, they put two and two together and figured it out. The compelled PC is under the effects of a powerful charm, so they will allow no harm to come to Festaud (while they're in his presence). So now that the plot is afoot, things are about to get very interesting.

They still don't know about the child.

roguerouge

First Post
Possible Magic items: wand of prestidigitation, bag of tricks (snacks), belt of dwarvenkind (for when she has to be a dwarf), a great number of feather token: whip, circlet of persuasion (it's so last year), dust of tracelessness, elixir of love and elixir of truth (with the labels switched; she knows, but it's a trap for snoopers), a lewd figurine of wondrous power, a handy haversack with a difficult to detect spot of blood, pipes of pain, masterwork body oils, and, off in the bathroom, a bathtub that magically keeps water super-heated,

Markn

First Post
How about named portraits of people the succubus has impersonated over the years? The PCs could take the initiative to do a bit of research and learn that all the people have somethig in common - could be wealth, could be a particular habit, could be just about anything.

Remove ads