• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What would be the cost of this magic item?

francom13

First Post
I want to buy a magic item that will give me the feat "Natural Spell" from WotC's MotW.

I have not seen any price scale for adding feats to magic items.

What I want to know is what do you think a reasonable price would be.

Natural Spell = The ability to use both verbal and somatic spells when wildshaped.

My wizard died and the group had me reincarnated. I came back as a Brown Bear and need to be able to cast spells. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Matt

kreynolds

First Post
It seems to be a growing majority opinion that you can use wish, but not miracle, to purchase a feat. So the unadjusted cost of it would be 25,000gp. 1XP is worth 5gp. Wish requires you to spend 5,000gp. 5,000 x 5 = 25,000gp. As with the Ring of Evasion, you should probably adjust the price. However, this does not include the cost of services to have a spellcaster cast the 9th level spell Wish for you.

Last edited:

skunian

First Post
Tough call on that one. The TaB has Rods that grant metamagic feats, so I'd look to those for some ideas. If one of my players asked for this in an item, I'd probably go in the neighborhood of 10,000 GP, for a limited use (X times per day), more if it granted the power all the time.

Crothian

First Post
I'm not sure the feat fits your current situation. The feat depends on the ability of wildshape.

Personally, I'd find a way to become human (or whatever race you were) again.

As a note about gaining this feat in an item, I'd have it pretty pricey. It's a powerful and highly useful feat. I'm make it about 50k or more.

kreynolds

First Post
One thing I do not allow is for a magic item to grant a feat when you don't meet the prereqs. If you want a weapon that grants Whirlwind attack, I'll allow it (as soon as I figure out how much it's worth!), but you better meet the prepreqs. Otherwise, the item won't do anything.

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
kreynolds said:
One thing I do not allow is for a magic item to grant a feat when you don't meet the prereqs. If you want a weapon that grants Whirlwind attack, I'll allow it (as soon as I figure out how much it's worth!), but you better meet the prepreqs. Otherwise, the item won't do anything.

That's one of the big problems with items that allow the use of feats. Using the abovce rule really weakens them as it's just saving you a single feat slot.

Personally, I don't allow feats in items period. I do allow for other ways for people to get feats. But that's another thread. :D

kreynolds

First Post
Crothian said:
That's one of the big problems with items that allow the use of feats. Using the abovce rule really weakens them as it's just saving you a single feat slot.

Personally, I don't allow feats in items period. I do allow for other ways for people to get feats. But that's another thread. :D

Then let's start another thread, shall we? ;)

francom13

First Post
I have a few questions about reincarnation.

The spell says:
He retains his Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores, as well as any class abilities or skills he formerly possessed. His class, base attack bonus, base save bonuses, and hit points are unchanged. Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution scores depend partly on his new body. First eliminate the character’s racial adjustments (since he is no longer of his previous race) and then apply the adjustments found below.

Does that mean my hitpoints stay the same or the dice values I rolled stay the same and the mod from con takes affect?

-Matt

kreynolds

First Post
francom13 said:
I have a few questions about reincarnation.

The spell says:
He retains his Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores, as well as any class abilities or skills he formerly possessed. His class, base attack bonus, base save bonuses, and hit points are unchanged. Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution scores depend partly on his new body. First eliminate the character’s racial adjustments (since he is no longer of his previous race) and then apply the adjustments found below.

Does that mean my hitpoints stay the same or the dice values I rolled stay the same and the mod from con takes affect?

-Matt

Hit points from leveling stay the same. Mod from Con takes effect.

Crothian

First Post
My first thought is to do it like Wildshape where the HPs stay the same. However, that is only a temporary change. Here the change is permanent. So, after thinking on it some I'd say you modify your HPs based off you current con score. I don't know of anything in the rules to support that, though. sorry....:(

Good question for the Sage though....

Remove ads