• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Would You Like From the Mongoose?

SebastianDB

First Post
Newbie & Half-Elf

I'm also new to playing D&D. My character's a half-elf, and I've found that there really isn't as much info and diversity on half-elves vs. other types of characters. Am I not looking in the right places? Any suggestions? It would be nice to get more ideas on how I can improve and grow this character.

Severion

First Post
I would like to see books on Books. I'm currently Rereading "Madness Season" by C. S. Friedman and would love to see a source book on that. Maybe some Niven or Moorcock (non-Elric)

TheAuldGrump

First Post
I would like to see something comparable to TSRs old line of Historic supplements, the Avalanche ones always seem more like one offs than campaign settings.

In particular some later period settings such as Elizabethian, and Vctorian.

Quintessentials to accompany them would be a big bonus!

And for that matter the much maligned 'Steampunk Fantasy' genre is still very much open. The quintessential Mad Scientist or some such would be a blast....

To sum it all up, I want books on periods that can be expanded into settings to fit the needs and desires of the campaign.

The Auld Grump, who made potato waffles for lunch yesterday...

thundershot

Adventurer
If you make d20 Modern "Quint" style books, make sure they're a series of its own, so it doesn't clash with my other set of Quints.

Quint Expert, Aristrocrat, and Adept, as well as Human and Half-Breed would be nice.

A new class or two, like maybe Monster Trainer, or do a Quint based on one of your own books like Chaos Mage, Chronomancer, or Gladiator.

Oh, and the d20 stats for a mongoose...

Chris

Dedman

First Post
It's kinda funny that this post came up. I was tellin a GM of mine the other day that I'd like to see someone pick up Aliens. The old game was pretty damn fun. Maybe some form of Slayers Guide to Familiars?

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I would like to see Mongoose make some Quintessential-style books for NPC classes. Ultimately, after the PCs and the monsters they slay, the rest of the world is made up by other people, but they're just relegated to only a few classes meant for them to be lesser than the PCs. Why would an NPC be a Warrior instead of a Fighter or Barbarian? Why be an Adept instead of a Cleric or a Druid? And who ever heard of a 20th-level Commoner? This field is screaming out for someone to put it right, and Mongoose is the company to do it.

Also, some 2E-style books on historical campaigns would be nice too.

gorgon1964

First Post
I agree with the dude who said a bazillion more Slayer's Guides, especially Slayer's Guides to Ettins and Slayer's Guide to Hydras.

And I've been itching for that Slayer's Guide to the Yuan-Ti? Any idea on when that hits the market? I thought the release was in December.

Thanks.

Remove ads