• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What would you like to see dropped from Dungeon?

What would you like to see dropped from Dungeon?

Psychic Warrior

First Post
EricNoah said:
I think folks have the notion that if X, Y, and Z disappears they'll get more adventure content. My guess is that this wouldn't be the case.

Not at all. I would love to see some funny comics in Dungeon. The adventure content % can stay exactly the same.

delericho

Legend
Can I vote for the adverts?

Actually, I'm happy with Dungeon as it is. Which surprises me somewhat - I really didn't expect to like the changes that were made (and, yes, I do miss Polyhedron).

I'm of mixed feelings about the loss of Wil Save - I expected to hate it, but found that it has grown on me. Still, I'm sure the page will be filled with something else.

Simplicity

Explorer
Ghostwind said:
I'm of the opinion that Downer should go and Order of the Stick should replace it.

Order of the Stick would be great for dungeon... Though I would hope it would be different
ones than appear on the website (but then I guess not everyone just sits at Rich's site click Refresh over and over in hopes that something new will show up).

If you're really looking for content (to fill in for Wil Save/Downer), offer Rich Burlew a page for Order of the Stick and a page for (possibly related) RPG content. He wrote the Order of the Stick stuff in order to get some exposure as a rules/setting writer. He might be willing to do the same in a magazine format... That could be kind of interesting. And after all, he did just quit his day job. :)

I, too, am not a fan of Downer, but I think this has been done before, and Downer has been kept because it fits into Dungeon's budget and is an attempt at developing something with long-running value.

Does 2/3rds voting against Downer mean that 1/3rd would vote FOR Downer? I'm curious how strongly the fans of Downer like the strip. Does it influence people to buy the magazine?

Also, I just gotta say: I'm glad to not be the editor. Nothing like being told what to do by your ravenous fans every other month. I guess it's the sort of problem you should be glad to have (as opposed to having no fans at all).

HiLiphNY

Explorer
EricNoah said:
I think folks have the notion that if X, Y, and Z disappears they'll get more adventure content. My guess is that this wouldn't be the case.

No, I never imagined that would happen. What I do know, is that Downer, to me, is more than a strip that I dislike. It is actually a distraction. I would see more value in the mag if that were just straight out removed, pages and all.

Simplicity

Explorer
Oh yeah, or they could just take the adventures out of Dungeon. With the space saved by not having adventures (which everybody already has hundreds of already), we could add other useful things... like fan-fic.

Urgggglglgl..

Henry

Autoexreginated
jeremy_dnd said:
I would much prefer to see both replaced by Dragonmirth.

Erik would like to see Dragonmirth return, too. However, as he said in a previous post early this year/late last year, he doesn't have a source for that many cartoons anymore.

The_lurkeR

First Post
I voted for Downer and Mt. Zogon, both wastes of ink, most especially Downer!

Order of the Stick would be a great replacement!

I believe Paizo has addressed the Downer issue previously. If I remember correctly the author is a friend of the editors or some such? They basically said it was staying. If someone can find the posts to clarify that would be great.

rowport

First Post
LeapingShark said:
How about if the Downer cast was adventuring in the Age of Worms campaign? I'd read that.
I like this idea. Pretty cool. I really enjoy Kyle Hunter's art, but just have a lot of trouble following the Downer story. If the cartoon story follows the Age of Worms plot, even an idiot like me should be able to follow it. ;)

reveal

Adventurer
LeapingShark said:
How about if the Downer cast was adventuring in the Age of Worms campaign? I'd read that.

Aaron Williams caught a lot of flack years ago for publishing the Nodwick gang trapsing through classic modules. A lot of people thought he was "giving away" details of the adventures to players.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads