• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What would you like to see happen with FR?

What would you like to see happen with Faerun?

• Ignore the spellplague altogether

Votes: 40 29.6%
  • Fill the gaps in lore for last 100 years

Votes: 18 13.3%
  • Support for all/most of the different ages

Votes: 52 38.5%
  • Time jump ahead again and create a new realm once more

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • I don't care because I don't play FR

Votes: 39 28.9%
  • I don't care because I develop my FR differently anyway

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • Something else (explain?)

Votes: 18 13.3%

Yora

Legend
Is Mystra currently dead?

If yes, resurrect her.
If not, kill her. Then resurrect her.

You can't have a new edition of the Realms without Mystra dying and being resurrected.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
Uh.. this has nothing to do nothing with edition. They could have messed up the realms under any system and it would still be bad.

And "fill in the missing lore" was kinda going by the premise the spellplague sticks around.

keterys

First Post
I actually like a lot of the post-Spellplague realms. I'm not excited for all of it (I care nothing about Returned Abeir _OR_ Maztica, for example), and some of it's just kinda dubious, but it seemed a lot more fertile for adventure.

Basically, it's a lot easier for the story to be about the PCs when it's not instead about a ton of NPCs, or areas that are so thoroughly detailed that canon becomes an itchy trigger word.

Course, I'd be fine with some other setting too.

Drowbane

First Post
I will base my FR off of the 2e boxset regardless of what 5e does to the setting. Perhaps with some updates from my 3e FRCS.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
I'm pretty sure I'd add the spellplague setting if there would be a non-4e book for it. I'm fond of time traveling adventures, for one, or alternate realities, and I have a cool idea for a world switch campaign... *adds it to the Big Old Box of Unused Ideas, BOB for short*

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads