What would you like to see WotC publish next?

Brakkart

First Post
We've seen what books are due for release up to August 2005 now, and theres been quite a bit of speculation about what is likely to be published in the last quarter 2005 and 2006, based on what we've seen of new/existing series of books and where they are likely to go. This thread is more of a wish list. So what books would you want from them?

My list:

Core:

Environment Series: Swamp, Jungle
Creature Series: The Horde Races (Orcs, Goblins, Ogres, Trolls, Gnolls, Bugbears etc)

Forgotten Realms:

Regional Books: Kara-Tur, Zakhara, Old Empires (badly in need of an updated sourcebook, what with Mulhorand returned to strength and Unther all but gone. Also should include Chessenta, Murghom & Semphar), Island Kingdoms (to include Lantan, Nimbral, Evermeet, Nelanther Isles and the Moonshae Isles), Cold Lands, Impiltur & The Vast.

Also, ADVENTURES!! Large or small, an anthology of them or a few epic ones, I don't care!

Eberron:

I don't play this setting, so no idea, I'll leave this section blank for others to fill in their want lists.

Other:

As a one off product, a book based on Spelljammer would be good as another way of linking campaign worlds together beyond using the planes.

Zweischneid

First Post
My list:

Core:

Environment Series: Underdark
Creature Series: Drowonomicon.. i.e. big, bad, full color Draconomicon style book on everyones favorite spider-lovers.

Forgotten Realms:

Regional Books: Underdark, the one there is sucks. Make a new one.

Eberron:

Drow of Eberron

MrFilthyIke

First Post
Drow much? ;)

I think Drow are over done. Lets try:

Core
Enviroment Series: Swamp, Underdark, etc
Complete Psychic: To compliment ExPH
An updated and better Arms & Equipment guide

Eberron
Aberrations of Eberron
Xendrick sourcebook
Mournland book.
Undead of Eberron (Karrnath focus)

Brakkart

First Post
Zweischneid said:
My list:

Core:

Environment Series: Underdark
Creature Series: Drowonomicon.. i.e. big, bad, full color Draconomicon style book on everyones favorite spider-lovers.

Forgotten Realms:

Regional Books: Underdark, the one there is sucks. Make a new one.

Eberron:

Drow of Eberron

So you like a bit of D&D with your drow then? :D what don't you like about the existing Underdark FR book? I like it myself, though have little use for it.

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
A Complete Psychic would be great to compliment the sadly supported psionics line.
I'd also like to see a complete compilation of all the PrC's from Dragon mag that didn't make it into the "Complete series", as well as compilations of spells and magic items.

Li Shenron

Legend
Frankly, I don't have much to ask for at the moment... Some of the titles coming out next years are fairly interesting, but 2004 was quite disappointing for me, good ideas but bad development. I just can't stand any more player's stuff!!! :confused:

Probably I would invest some money on a few good adventures, or even campaign settings such as Al-Qadim and Planescape, in case they would be planned later.

PS "Underdark" environment book? :\ I suppose then it would be "Underground", which is setting-free right?

exile

First Post
Of the environment books, I agree that swamp and jungle are two that are high on my list of preferences, and I liked Frostburn, so bring them on.

I would like to see single volume treatments of the old WOTC campaigns. Dark Sun and Planescape being the highest on my list. I wouldn't complain if they followed with Spelljammer. By the time you get down to Birthright, Mystara, etc., I'm just not sure that there would be enough of a following for them (but I'd buy them anyway). If these single volumes were successful, I wouldn't balk at buying follow-up products either. I really doubt we'll see these anytime soon though.

I agree that I'd love to see more adventures too, primarily generic with extensive sidebars about how to best adapt them to various settings. I think something that's epic in size (though not particularly of epic importance would be good). Something with lots of travel (by a variety of means...overland...airship...ship ship...lightning rail...whatever); multiple small dungeons that provide a mix of combat, trap, problem-solving, and role-playing encounters; stops in various cities for even more role-playing, research, etc. Sounds a lot like what would make a good Eberron adventure to me.

I'd like to see some good chase rules. I've heard good things about the chase rules in Spycraft, but found them more suited to vehicles. In the short time I had before the game I wanted to use them in, I felt that I couldn't readily adapt them to chases on foot or mount. Perhaps they would fit in well in an environment book about cities.

Something with scantily clad barbarian women or slavegirls would be nice too. Just kidding. Sort of.

Oh yeah, I'd like to see D20 Modern/Future takes on Alternity's Star Drive and Dark Matter settings. I loved those.

I guess what all this boils down to is right now WOTC is very much in the habit of producing generic/toolkit type stuff (with the exception of Ebs and FR), and while I love it and buy it, I'd really like to see some new specific setting stuff again; that's what really drove my interest in 2E.

D20 Cellblock Sisters could be pretty frickin' cool. I'm thinking of giving this a try even without any official WOTC support.

Chad

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
When I wish upon a star

Oki, the first are pipedreams. I don't expect WotC to do them (even though they have fulfilled a wish I had with the advent of DMGII).

The Complete D&D - One book to rule them all. The 3.5 rulesset in one book, with Chargen, treasure and all that, mass combat rules and domain ruling rules. Basically the Rules Cyclopedia for D&D3.5. With more stuff. But trimmed at the same time.

Planescape - One book on planescape. One fat big book... oooooooh... I want it... and lots of supplements.

These could be true:

The Universe's Biggest Dungeon! - Go for it! Why let AEG rule the field with the World's Largest Dungeon? One huge boxed set with fat books and maps galore!

Environment Series - Dungeons/caves. Forests.

Hmmmmm... 4th edition maybe... :D

Cheers!

Maggan

CronoDekar

First Post
The big thing I want to see is a Sarlona handbook for Eberron -- I need to know more!Other than that... nothing in particular comes to mind.

Remove ads