• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What would you like to see WotC publish next?

GlassJaw

Hero
Nothing really. I've pretty much given up on WotC. Complete Arcane was their last chance to bring me back into the fold and they failed miserably. There are a lot of other developers doing a lot better work than WotC right now (see above).

Kaodi

Hero
Hmmm...

How about...

Environment Series: Moonrock - A Guide to Stellar Landscapes ( basically a book about terrains that are really different from standard Earth-types, and thus more suitable for alternate worlds, and travel more focused on things like teleportation and gates that ).

Troll Wizard

First Post
Core:

Magic Series Supplement
Well after Weapons of Legacy, I assume something more specific to Armor/Shield is in the works, then a book on Staves and Wands, Rods perhaps, one on Wondrous Items, and lets not forget rings.

Genre Series Supplement (Generic settings book?)
After Battlefield Adventures, I would like to see a low-magic genre supplement perhaps, though IMO this is where we might see something like a city adventure genre, religious crusade genre, mage autocracy genre, etc.

Environment Series Supplement
I bought Frostburn, while certainily a nice book, I realize that I will use too little material from it to be worth it, so I will probably skip buying any more of these.

Forgotten Realms:

Don't play Forgotten Realms.

Eberron:

Bought the CB, but until someone in the group decides to run an Eberron campaign I ain't buy any more Eberron books

Other:

Sorry no psionic books for me, not to my taste. For old campaign settings, most of the old settings don't appeal to me Dark Sun, Spelljammer, Planescape, Birthright, etc., except for Greyhawk. Greyhawk I would buy, I would love to see Greyhawk get the full book treatment, 320 page hardback book, full color map, every region revised and updated, regional feats, spells, PrCs, races, etc... $49.99 or even $59.99 would be worth it to me.

Doug McCrae

Legend
A book about dungeons.

There's a draconomicon, so there ought to be a dungeonomicon, possibly in the environment series. Actually I expect there will be a book about underground environments in that line.

Faraer

Explorer
Forgotten Realms: Books on the Dales, Cormyr, Western Heartlands, Vast, Dragon Coast. Book on adventuring companies. Adventures. A real 'what your character knows' Player's Guide.

Star Wars RPG: Rise of the Empire era sourcebook.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Greyhawk.

A nice simple book like the Forgotten Realms campaign book that works Greyhawk up to 3.5 and includes various regional feats and other goodies that've been scattered here and there since 3.0/3.5 has hit the streets.

It doesn't even have to be supported after that.

Forgotten Realms...

If Waterdeep doesnt, and I don't think it possibly could, include Undermountain, then an Undermountain hardcover or boxed set, depending on sales of 3rd party boxed sets this year/next year (few of 'em have started coming out.)

Core...

Player's Handbook II: Since we've got a DMG II.... it could include making your own races, building your own classes, more feats, more races, more core pantheon gods, etc...

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Forgotten Realms:
A Good companion to Lords of Darkness, with all the do-gooders (so good organizations, maybe neutral ones, too)

A Book about ancient lore and mysteries.

General:
Races of the Deep/ Races of Darkness - Dark Elves, Gray Dwarves, Deep Gnomes.

Complete Psychic might be a good Idea, but they did a lot of the stuff you would expect of it in the Expanded Psionics Handbook, like severl PrC's, and PrC's and Feats for non-fulltime-manifesters to benefit from psionics.

A Draconomicon-line book about Fey.

p.s.

The Draconomicon-line can use a book about constructs, and one about outsiders (though that could even be split further into celestials and fiends)

Races of Blood - a book about Planetouched. This could be used to bring all the special off-shoots we have into one book (as minor races), and introduce something extra.

Last edited:

Remove ads