What would you like to see WotC publish next?

Man-thing

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
All I require is the Koboldomicon. Once that's made, I shall never ask for another book again. :)
It has been. It is called the Quintessential Kobold from Mongoose Publishing written by Shannon Kalvar and out at rpgnow.

Americano

First Post
I'll second the call for the Koboldnomicon. Or at the very least Races of Darkness covering kobolds, goblins, etc.

The Complete Monster Manual. MM I-III and the Fiend Folio in one huge book, all updated to 3.5.

Also, I would love to see more adventures. Epic sized, adventure path, whatever. Bring 'em on.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Maggan said:
The Universe's Biggest Dungeon! - Go for it! Why let AEG rule the field with the World's Largest Dungeon? One huge boxed set with fat books and maps galore!

They should do Undermountain this way.

It's surprising that the most expansive (and impressive IMO) adventure ever made for d20 or 3E D&D was by AEG and NOT by WotC.

WotC usually sets a great standard - not in the case of adventures though.

Get with the program, WotC! :)

Ron

Explorer
1) A Greyhawk Campaign full colour hardcover book;
2) A City Campaign book (featuring the City of Greyhawk as an example);
3) A new 3.5 edition of Oriental Adventures san Rogukan setting;
4) A sort of Arabian Adventures book; and a
5) Simplified yet complete D&D Lite book to accommodate those who are not impressed with D&D 3.X level of detail.

Realistic, I don't think they will produce any of those books, although #4 has a small chance.

Man-thing said:
It has been. It is called the Quintessential Kobold from Mongoose Publishing written by Shannon Kalvar and out at rpgnow.
And I have that. But far too short. We need a book at LEAST the size of Draconomicon with just as beautiful art about Kobolds. They must be done JUSTICE! Mocked too long!

ivocaliban

First Post
I'll go with the impossible Greyhawk Campaign Setting hardcover that we've been griping about for years and will likely never see.

As for more realistic goals? I'd really like to see Forests and Mountains in the environmental series. I've had no use for Frostburn, good though it is, and likewise with the upcoming Sandstorm and Maelstrom entries. The call for Swamps and Jungles doesn't do much for me either. Though I'd rather see the former than the latter. Perhaps Forests and Jungles could be adequately covered in a single volume?

That's...just about it. Next year's projected releases lose my interest after February for the most part. I'll finish up with the Race and Class series and then become infinitely more picky. I've no interest in Eberron and I haven't used the eight or nine Forgotten Realms books I picked up over the years. On the up-side, I'm excited about being able to afford extra eggrolls with next year's take out. ;)

Last edited:

ivocaliban

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
We need a book at LEAST the size of Draconomicon with just as beautiful art about Kobolds. They must be done JUSTICE! Mocked too long!

This is silly. And won't happen. Well, maybe in 4.0e. :uhoh:

Felon

First Post
I'd like to see a sequel to Savage Species with the quality of the Complete series, e.g. "The Complete Monster".

An environment series book for swamps. What could you call that? "Mudbath"? :D

An Unearthed Arcana sequel. More variants! More options!

Most of all though, I'd like to see some real support in the maps & tiles department. Forget those lame Map Folios. I want to see 1-inch scale tiles for making actual dungeons, caverns, fortresses, etc, complete with little punch out objects and terrain features to strew about the battlefield. This would work with both D&D RPG and the minis game, so it's pretty stupid IMO that this hasn't been produced yet.

And how about some templates for AoE attacks? Maybe colored trasnparencies that can be held over the potentially affected minis?

painandgreed

First Post
Urban evironment book with rules for gaining experience through intrigue and other non-combat methods.

D&D 4.0 where all the rules I think are stupid are replaced with how I think it should be done. ;-)

Remove ads